Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Slow To Load Data When "execute And Edit" Query Selected

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Slow To Load Data When "execute And Edit" Query Selected

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      ccs2a

Ever since one of the subsets of version 12, whenever I do an “execute and edit” command on the SQL query, it can take 5 seconds up to freezing the window. However, if I do a simple “Execute Query”, then everything is instant. 

SQLyog did not used to do this. Doing the “Execute and Edit” used to be basically the same speed as just the Execute. I keep hoping that each minor update will have this resolved, but it doesn’t. Is there a setting I can change, or any suggestions you might have to get this resolved?

I’d be happy to provide more information if you’ve got any questions on what’s going on, or environment. 

99% of the time, I’m connecting to a remote server, but this issue happens on virtually all of the servers. In addition, I can see the “Execute” time, and “Total Time” listed at the bottom. That information is always returned almost immediately. My only problem is being able to click in the table to edit a row/column entry that I have to wait for “something” to finish. Again, the F5 (Execute Only) works instantly.

Sibin A S

Hi,

Can you please tell us in detail as it is not reproducible at our end,

1) Please tell your SQLyog version which can be found from the menu >> ‘Help -> About’. Also tell if your using 32-bit or 64-bit version.

2) Is this happening with a specific server or more/all servers? What about a local server installed with default parameters?

3) How do you connect? direct, HTTP or SSH?

4) Please tell the ‘wait_timeout’ and ‘interactive_timeout’ server settings (from SQLyog: tools .. show ..variables)

5) Does the table contain large data for which you perform Execute and Edit?

Regards,

Sibin

rdnorth

I have the same problem as well with 12.3.3.

It is slow editing any query results, whether it is 1 result returned or many. takes close to 10 seconds from the time of F8 to when the UI is released to scroll in results window.

F9 execute only is fairly fast and no issue.

I’ve been using version 9.3 for a long time, and it works great for view and edit results sets.  I’ve been reluctant to upgrade to 12 since the few previous versions were slow. v 12.3.3 is just as bad.

1)  v 12.3.3  windows 7

2) specific server, ssh tunnel.  — I did note that on a direct remote connection it seemed fine. Will try a local server and a non ssh tunnel and report back.

3) connection via ssh tunnel to remote on a very fast 200Mbit internet connection. (no problem with this on version 9)

4) wait/idle time out are 28800

thank you

rdnorth

the problem only seems to be when executing queries for edit.  If I click on a table and go to table data, I can immediately start editing with no delay

Sibin A S

Since you mentioned its working fine when connected to a remote connection directly and the issue occurs only when connected vis SSH tunnel. This will be an issue/delay caused by the SSH server. You may also refer our FAQ for the same, here >> http://faq.webyog.com/content/22/185/en/sqlyog-takes-long-time-to-connect-when-using-ssh_tunnel.html

Regards,

Sibin

rdnorth

thanks.  that did help somewhat but it is still very slow.  I disabled UseDNS and GSSAPI on the SSH server, and the queries did speed up.

However – the UI is locking for at least 5 seconds on each query.  Time line is like this

Query in query editor:  press F8 to execute.

Query results appear in  result tab below [0.5seconds] – acceptable.

Then UI locks, the left panel with the list of tables seems to refresh/redraw / flash, and then I can finally get an edit box in the query results area.  This part is what is taking over 5 seconds.

Connecting to the same server with the same query/same server in verson 9 is instant.  Doing it in version 12 I get the 5+ second freeze.

Using F9 to simply execute the query read only there is never any delay. It is only for edit.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.