Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Slow Query Chart

forums forums Monyog Monyog customisation Slow Query Chart

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      i-ed

Is it possiable to have a chart that show slow queries over time so say for instance if the server starts running slow or even stops at a certain time we can check to see if there was any slow queries ran at that time?

If so does anyone have the code i need to put in to create this chart?

Also can MONyog use the error_logs and access_logs to create charts or reports?

Thanks

i-ed

Mahesh

1) Is it possiable to have a chart that show slow queries over time so say for instance if the server starts running slow or even stops at a certain time we can check to see if there was any slow queries ran at that time?

— You can view chart for “NO. of slow queries running” for last 15 data collection interval.

Goto Monitors/Advisors Page — Select MySQL Logs Group — See the chart for “No. of slow queries”

Also if you want to see historical report of “No. of slow queries”, you can view it by selecting History/Trend Analysis tab in Monitors/Advisors page. ( Chart will be generated based on interval).

2) Also can MONyog use the error_logs and access_logs to create charts or reports?

— MONyog does have feature called “Error log monitoring”.

Using this feature user will get notification if there is any error gets logged in error log file also user can see the historical report of errors logged in error log file.

Goto – Monitors/Advisors page — Select MySQl Logs Group — See “Recent entries in Error log” and “Recent entries of type error”

(You have to fill up valid details in “MySQL Error log settings” in Register/Edit Server)

What do you mean by Access_logs ?

MySQL server has these log files mentioned below:

1) Error log — Problems encountered starting, running, or stopping mysqld

2) General query log — Established client connections and statements received from clients

3) Binary log — All statements that change data (also used for replication)

4) Relay log — Data changes received from a replication master server

5) Slow query log — All queries that took more than long_query_time seconds to execute or did not use indexes

Please let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Mahesh

Mahesh

Also there is a feature named “Query Analyzer”, using this feature you can see detailed report of slow queries.

MONyog reads the slow log file and generates report accordingly in a detailed manner.

Goto — Register server/ Edit Server page — Query Analyzer settings — Give valid path for slow log — Save the connection details.

Select a server — Goto Query Analyzer page — Click On Analyze ( Your detailed report will be generated)

You can change the time interval by using “Change Filter” option.

For more detail please refer to MONyog help file.

http://webyog.com/doc/MONyog/Log_Analyzer_introduction.htm

i-ed

Is there anyway of getting these reports/graphs that are in the monitors/advisors on the dashboard?

Sorry by access_logs and error_logs i meant the server logs. It would be nice to have a package that does it all and no rely on multiple programs.

i-ed
      'Mahesh' wrote:

Also there is a feature named “Query Analyzer”, using this feature you can see detailed report of slow queries.

MONyog reads the slow log file and generates report accordingly in a detailed manner.

Goto — Register server/ Edit Server page — Query Analyzer settings — Give valid path for slow log — Save the connection details.

Select a server — Goto Query Analyzer page — Click On Analyze ( Your detailed report will be generated)

You can change the time interval by using “Change Filter” option.

For more detail please refer to MONyog help file.

http://webyog.com/doc/MONyog/Log_Analyzer_introduction.htm

I have MONyog set up and working fine showing all slow queries and that, I just wanted to customise the dashboard a bit.

Thanks

i-ed

Mahesh

Goto Dashboard Page — Click on “Add new chart” link (Top right of Dashboard page)and make necessary changes as shown in screenshot attached here with.

BTW: We have feature request to add charts automatically in Dashboard page.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.