Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Sja Secure

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Sja Secure

Tagged: ,

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Pieter

Hi,

I was looking for a way to sync 2 MySQL DB's and was fiddling with open source SymmetricDS but failed. Sinse my replication doesn't have to be real-time I can fall back on SJA and found some basic instructions to make it work with a commandline interface(very nice).

Couple of questions:

+ How can I make the connection secure? Is there a way to setup SSH, SSL, or other means?

+ Can I control the port on which SJA works? say 443 or 22?

+ Can I define multiple databases in the XML configuration file?

My environment is Windows 2008R2 with MySQL 5.5.12 and 5.5.25

Thanks. 😉

shubh

Hi,

Quote:
      How can I make the connection secure? Is there a way to setup SSH, SSL, or other means?

You can connect to MySQL server using SSH and SSL. Please refer SQLyog's help documentation here: http://static.webyog.com/docs/SQLyog/#SSH_Tunneling_SQLyog_MySQL_Client.html and http://static.webyog.com/docs/SQLyog/#SSL_encryption_SQLyog_MySQL_Client.html

Quote:
      Can I control the port on which SJA works? say 443 or 22?

We can't clearly understand what you are exactly referring to? If you want SJA to connect to any specific port while making SSH connection, Yes you can mention that particular port number where SSH server is listening. If you want SJA's MySQL client to connect to MySQL server using user defined port, that can't be done.

Quote:
      Can I define multiple databases in the XML configuration file?

No, while synchronizing databases you can't define multiple databases in single job file. You will have to create multiple job files for synchronizing each database and you can execute them in one go by scheduling batch script.

Regards,

Shubhansh

Pieter

Thanks Shubhansh, your answer to q1 answered both 1 and 2 for me. I sort of figured that I could only do 1 bd at the time and have setup a batch script already. For now SJA will get my db sync work done in near real-time.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.