Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Site Manager – Folders?

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog Comments Site Manager – Folders?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      nicmar

How about making som design changes to the site manager?

I've got a bunch of sites now and I don't want to mix them up.

A folder system like in FlashFXP would be great. At least one folder level deep would be much better than what we have today.

Still love the program though 🙂

-nicmar

peterlaursen
      Participant

The idea is as good now as it was when I first heard it (1 1/2 years ago?)!

Basically we will then need to move the storage of those details from the sqlyog.ini file to somewhere else.  

Most likely a sqlite database.  And that would actually give a lot of more options (sorting, filtering, statistics …).

However this is 'mid priority' only.

nicmar

Really?

Why not like this:

[Categories]

Cat1=Private

Cat2=Clients

Cat3=Work

[Connection 1]

Name=Sitename

Cat=Cat1

That would be enough to begin with, one level categories. Although a redesign of the site selector would have to be done.

You could even do like this:

[Categories]

Cat1=Private

Cat1-1=Private Localhost

Cat1-2=Private Live sites

Cat2=Clients

Or is it more complicated than I like to think? 🙂

peterlaursen
      Participant
      Quote:
      Or is it more complicated than I like to think?

Could be done like that of course.   

However with details stored in a SQL database, we could do a lot of things (sort, filter are obvious but consider autocomplete, usage statistics, 'connection quality statistics' etc ) with little cost (except for the Query Builder that will come anyway!).

However nothing is planned in detail.  But we do realize that the Connections Manager can be pretty crowded.  

Up to around 20 connections is OK in my opinion. The design is not good for more.  But that I think is also more than enough for 95-98 % of users!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.