Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Show Processlist — Get Full Info Out Of Sqlyog

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Show Processlist — Get Full Info Out Of Sqlyog

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      pasmith

When I do a show processlist for a database, the Info column is often truncated, at least in the SQLyog display. Is there a way to get the full Info (in other words, the full query) using SQLyog?

In other words that column will show:

SELECT DISTINCT(t.entry_id) FROM exp_channel_titles AS t

LEFT JOIN exp_channels ON t.channel_id 

Which doesn’t look bad at all.

But in fact the actual horrible query is 

SELECT DISTINCT(t.entry_id) FROM exp_channel_titles AS t

LEFT JOIN exp_channels ON t.channel_id = exp_channels.channel_id LEFT JOIN exp_members AS m ON m.member_id = t.author_id INNER JOIN exp_category_posts ON t.entry_id = exp_category_posts.entry_id

INNER JOIN exp_categories ON exp_category_posts.cat_id = exp_categories.cat_id WHERE t.entry_id !=” AND t.site_id IN (‘1’)  AND t.entry_date < 1399575836  AND (t.expiration_date = 0 OR t.expiration_date > 1399575836) AND t.entry_id != ‘2706’ AND (t.channel_id = ‘1’ OR t.channel_id = ‘3’ ) AND t.entry_id IN (‘164′,’162′,’356′,’354′,’145′,’180′,’230′,’221′,’218′,’207′,’243′,’244′,’254′,’256′,’257′,’272′,’281′,’283′,’308′,’309′,’314′,’315′,’318′,’319′,’323′,’324′,’329′,’330′,’331′,’332′,’333′,’337′,’338′,’343’ [EDITED TO STOP THE FORUM SOFTWARE FROM FREAKING OUT BUT THE LIST WAS MUCH LONGER]) AND t.status  IN (‘open’,’draft’) AND t.status != ‘closed’ ORDER BY t.sticky desc, t.entry_date desc, t.entry_id desc LIMIT 0, 5

Which is a real problem! So I need to see the full queries when I do a 

show processlist

Is there any way to accomplish this? 

sathish

Hello,

You can see the full query by clicking on the info column. Clicking on the info column will open a blob viewer which will have the full query. Please find the screenshot attached.

Regards,

Sathish

pasmith

Hello,

You can see the full query by clicking on the info column. Clicking on the info column will open a blob viewer which will have the full query. Please find the screenshot attached.

Regards,

Sathish

Hmm, that doesn’t seem to work for me. I’m on v11.42, 64-bit, Professional version. 

Is there a setting that I have to turn on/off or something? Iv’e tried it from both the Query Results window and from the Show Processlist function under tools. 

If it matters, I’m accessing the database via SSH tunnel.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

PS that does work for, for example, medium_text fields in query results, but not when I get the processlist returned. 

sathish

Hello,

It would be helpful if you could paste a screenshot of SQLyog after executing SHOW FULL PROCESSLIST from the query editor.

Regards,

Sathish

pasmith

AHA!

OK so (as is so often the case) this was user error. 

I was doing 

SHOW PROCESSLIST;

when I do 

SHOW FULL PROCESSLIST;

it works as you say it should.

I apologize for the fact that my lack of MySQL knowledge caused so much confusion, and thank you very much for the help!

[For any other MySQL noobs who stumble on this thread, SHOW PROCESSLIST only returns the first 100 or so characters of a query. SHOW FULL PROCESSLIST returns the entire query.]

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.