Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

'show All' Checkbox Constantly Owning Me

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests 'show All' Checkbox Constantly Owning Me

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      scottah

I'm not sure if other people do this, but I'll be looking at a reasonably sized table of say 100 rows, and I tick the “Show all” checkbox to view them all.

Then I click on a different table, such as the 'OmgThisTableIsHuuuge!' table

and the “show all” checkbox is still checked, and then I've locked the program for the next 2 mins trying to suck down the whole thing!

What do you guys think? ever get this?

peterlaursen
      Participant

2 minutes only? don't you have some decent tables ? 😛

I think you have a point!

scottah

haha, you haven't seen the OmgThisTableIsReallyReallyHuuuuuuge! table. 😉

Glad you agree 🙂

bschonec

I've got databases with about 200 tables with over 4.3 million rows each. Over the VPN tunnel (via T1) it's “Task Manager” time….

maraja

I see your point scottah but I have the opposite problem on enterprise 5.20 🙁

I want to get the show all selected even when I change table and now it goes off as soon as I select a new table…

Developers: is it possible to add a preference where we can decide to keep or not the show all check when changing a table? This will make everyone happy 🙂

Thanks,

peterlaursen
      Participant

you can set the LIMIT in preferences.

just set it VERY HIGH (higher than the amount of rows you have).

ronjeremy_69
      Participant

Alternatively, SqlYog might finally implement the simple feature i have been requesting for years (“Show Table Data in text”).

In “show results in text” mode, Sqlyog can display a select * on a one-million row table with 15 columns in around 20 seconds. The only thing that stinks is i want to just single-click on the tables to see everything (in text), but there is no such option.

Try doing that with grid mode — task manager time!

peterlaursen
      Participant
      Quote:
      ….implement the simple feature i have been requesting for years (“Show Table Data in text”).

Yes, we will. This has been given a priority of '3' on our internal TODO list (scale 1-5).

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.