Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Several Nodes Two-Way Sync

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog Comments Several Nodes Two-Way Sync

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      wilsoneto

Hello, I´m looking for a solution that will keep several databases synchronized ins a transparently way. So…

SQLYog can keep updating all databases while network connection is active without need of someone tells it to do it?

SQLYog works with more then 2 databases?

SQLYog tells me the it will overwrite primary keys in case of conflicts, is there a well known workaround for that?

Im considering tho purchase it, but im afraid its is not the tool I really need. It is easier then clusters configuration but Im not sure it will cover my needs

Best regards

peterlaursen
      Participant

1)

SQLYog works with more then 2 databases?

answer is NO! But you may 'aggregate' several sync jobs to a batch file. Refer: http://webyog.com/fa…-same-time.html

2)

SQLYog tells me the it will overwrite primary keys in case of conflicts, is there a well known workaround for that?

answer is that you will have to define the Primary Key in such a way that the same PK-value is not created on different hosts at the same time. A simple solution to that is to add to the PK of every table a column that is constant on same server but different between different servers. SQLyog is not a magician and it cannot read users' mind. The meaning of the PK in relational databases is that it uniquely identifies rows/records/tupples of a table.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.