Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Session Restore When Connection Fails

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Session Restore When Connection Fails

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Mitch
      Participant

Normally, I shut down SQLyog at the end of the work day, and when I restart it the following day, all of the connections restore along with the queries that were saved in each query window.  Occassionally, I will work for a while at the coffee shop, where I don’t have access to all of the servers, so those connections will not reconnect when I open SQLyog, which is fine.

The problem comes in when I do next successfully connect to those servers which were inaccessible at the coffee shop.  It would be very helpful if those sessions would retain the query window contents.  As it is now, any time a session fails to reconnect, that session data is lost and I start with an empty window.

SQLyog saves the snapshot of last session if connection fails in C:UsersAppDataRoamingSQLyog. You can import that session file once connection is available from file->open session save points.

Mitch
      Participant

That helps, thank you.

Seems like it would be a good idea to automatically restore the saved session, or at least prompt the user if it should be restored or not.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.