Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Session Restore Stopped Working

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Session Restore Stopped Working

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      FisherAP

I am using SQLYog Ultimate v12.4.0. A few days ago while I had SQLyog open, my laptop lost power unexpectedly. Since then the session restore feature has not worked. I have tried disabling it, closing SQLyog, reopening SQLYog and re-enabling it and that, nor anything else I have tried, including re-installing, has worked. If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate hearing them.

Thanks,

Rob

Sibin A S

Hello Rob,

Was the ‘Session Restore’ enabled before your system shut down unexpectedly? Did you get any message pop-up mentioning a backup of the session that was unable to connect to the servers are saved?

If SQLyog cannot connect to the servers, then the session will be saved and can be found in the following file path >> “C:Users{user_name}AppDataRoamingSQLyogconnrestore_backup.ysav”

To restore that session, ensure the servers are up and running before restoring the sessions and in SQLyog, you may go to the menu >> File -> Open session savepoint -> {session_file}

Regards,

Sibin

FisherAP

Yes the feature was enabled and has been since it was introduced. The issue was not that it was unable to connect to a server but rather the battery in the laptop fell out causing the laptop to immediately power off while SQLYog was open. When I restarted the laptop and opened SQLYog, I don’t think there was any message. It just prompted me to connect to a server. Every time that I close SQLYog now, even with the feature enabled, it doesn’t save the session. I did subsequently delete the ysav file in case it was the problem but, that didn’t help. 

Rob

FisherAP

Okay, problem solved. When the laptop crashed it must have corrupted the ysav file and it wouldn’t load so I deleted it. All I needed to do was to manually save the session and SQLYog will reload that session automatically each time provided the option is enabled. I would have though that it would have done that for me automatically. I guess not.

Sibin A S
      All session restore data are saved in a file named “connrestore.db” saved in you User Profile i.e, “C:UsersusernameAppDataRoamingSQLyogconnrestore.db”

In case of a system crash, you may restore “connrestore.db” from a backup or if you have Windows “System Restore” enabled for the volume – from a file system snapshot (right-click on it in Windows Explorer -> properties -> previous versions -> select the most recent version from before this happened.

Regards,

Sibin

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.