Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Server Connection – Requests Timing Out

forums forums Monyog Using Monyog Server Connection – Requests Timing Out

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      BenMc

I have added 8 servers to the service. I am in the process of 'fine tuning' their configurations and I am having several issues:

1) When trying to edit any setting for a particular server the page load times out.

2) Any change that I attempt to save is not saved.

3) Whenever I try to test a connection the browser hangs.

Is there any logging other than the web interface that I can analyze [web interface is always blank]?

Having purchased the unlimited license – I am very disappointed in the performance of this product so far.

Hi BenMc,

That's really weird.. No user has ever reported anything to that effect before. Anyway, I'm going to need a few details to get a clear view of your problem:

1) What is the OS of the system running MONyog?

2) What is the OS of the system running MySQL?

3) Which version of MONyog are you using?

Additionally, the MONyog error log (MONyog.log) can be found in:

— Windows XP: C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataWebyogMONyog

— Linux: /usr/local/MONyog/

(if installation was done using the default settings).

BenMc
      'Sayan wrote on '06:

Hi BenMc,

That's really weird.. No user has ever reported anything to that effect before. Anyway, I'm going to need a few details to get a clear view of your problem:

1) What is the OS of the system running MONyog?

2) What is the OS of the system running MySQL?

3) Which version of MONyog are you using?

Additionally, the MONyog error log (MONyog.log) can be found in:

— Windows XP: C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataWebyogMONyog

— Linux: /usr/local/MONyog/

(if installation was done using the default settings).

Some updates….

1) Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4 (Nahant Update 3) [32 bit]

2) Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.1 (Tikanga)[64 bit]

3) MONyog version 3.65 [installed with RPM]

I restarted the MONyog service, which took 3 attempts before shutting down so I could restart. After restarting the system it became VERY responsive and I was able to get the configurations I wanted.

However – after working in the system for a while [30 min?] I am getting slowness again. Graphs are not loading in the system properly [can take up to 3 refreshes to get all graphs].

I am now seeing errors in the log file, but all seem to be related to my own mistakes in the configuration [failed ssh connections, etc] and various other 'human' error alerts.

Yes, human errors, mostly to do with assigning the right permissions, may cause quite a lot of confusion. If you could upload the log here, I can try and help you resolve the issues. About the graphs not loading soon enough — this may happen due to various reasons ranging from HDD I/O rates to connection speeds for the network. But, one thing's for sure, the graphs would've appeared even without you having to refresh the page, and they would've required the same amount of time that you spent refreshing the page.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.