Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Select Multiple Rows In Table At Once

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog Comments Select Multiple Rows In Table At Once

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      jack111

I would like to be able to select multiple rows in the tables at one. I have quiet a few tables which have thousands of rows and if I were to use the tick boxes to select them one at a time it would take ages.

I have raised this issue before one year ago, please follow the link below. For this reason I loved mysqlcc . It allowed you to select as many rows as you wanted.

http://www.webyog.com/forums//index.php?sh…530&hl=tick

Now please will you incooperate a feature which allows users to select multiple rows in tables just like in mysqlcc.

sqlyog otherwise has been fantastic. keep the good work up.

peterlaursen
      Participant

We plan to add this to the GRIDs:

* add select all/deselect all functionality

* add 'SHIFT+click modifiers' (like in the gmail webinterface)

* add an option to select a row without using the mouse (SPACEBAR has been proposed for that. Idea is that it should be possible to scroll through a table or a resultset with arrow keys and select rows without using the mouse.

We have a few issues and enhancements with the Query Builder and the Schema Designer that will be handled first (and I guess that will take 3-4 weeks) – and the above issues are next task assigned for this particular developer.

jack111

Fantastic.

Thank you very much

jack111
      Quote:
      We plan to add this to the GRIDs:

* add select all/deselect all functionality

* add 'SHIFT+click modifiers' (like in the gmail webinterface)

* add an option to select a row without using the mouse (SPACEBAR has been proposed for that. Idea is that it should be possible to scroll through a table or a resultset with arrow keys and select rows without using the mouse.

We have a few issues and enhancements with the Query Builder and the Schema Designer that will be handled first (and I guess that will take 3-4 weeks) – and the above issues are next task assigned for this particular developer.

I wonder what is happening to adding the above functionality. Been close to 4 months now.

peterlaursen
      Participant

We work hard to release next beta release on Friday (that won't have this).

There are lots of requests .. we would like to honour them all!

I hope to be more specific by next week.

bitseeker
      Participant
      'peterlaursen' wrote:

We work hard to release next beta release on Friday (that won't have this).

There are lots of requests .. we would like to honour them all!

I hope to be more specific by next week.

Now with ver. 9.62 and 4 years later – is there the ability to select all rows in a result grid?

greets

peterlaursen
      Participant

Yes .. click the first row and SHIFT+click the last row. SHIFT+click works exactly like in gmail for instance all over the program.

bitseeker
      Participant

thanks peter, i was aware of that. But i guess it would be more convenient to have a checkbox on top left (see image) or using keyboard shortcut like Ctrl-A instead of scrolling.

[attachment=1723:sqlyog-select-all.PNG]

Jan.S
      'bitseeker' wrote:

But i guess it would be more convenient to have a checkbox on top left

This will be available in the next public release (v 10.0).

Also, you will be able to select individual rows using Ctrl + Spacebar.

Regards,

Janani

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.