Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Search All Editor Tabs

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Search All Editor Tabs

Tagged: ,

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      chiliNUT
      Participant

Is there a way to search the contents of all editor tabs either within a single connection or across multiple connections?

For example, I might have 10 connections open, and within each of them seperate editor tabs. I can do control+F to search within the currently open tab, but if I need to find something and I don’t know what tab it is in, its kind of a nightmare having to individually search through each open tab.

Sibin A S

Hi, 

SQLyog does not support this option. You have the option to check the contents of each tab by selecting the respective tab.

Implementing this will cause an overhead if the opened connections are very large (probably 80-100 connections) and also if the opened tabs in each connection also is very large (probably 50-60 tabs). Then searching in all the tabs in all the opened connection tabs will take a toll on the responsiveness of SQLyog.

Regards,

Sibin

chiliNUT
      Participant

Lowering the responsiveness of yog while the search is happening is fine. I wouldn’t mind just waiting for my search to finish. Since my yog session is saved on the computer so it can be restored, is there anyway to search that file?

Sibin A S

“Lowering the responsiveness of yog while the search is happening is fine. I wouldn’t mind just waiting for my search to finish.” >>  We will also need to consider the interest of all the users and not all the users will be fine if there is a lag in the response.

Currently it is not possible inside SQLyog and we store the session data into the SQLite database (i.e, ‘connrestore.db’ file) which can be found at the location “C:UsersAppDataRoamingSQLyog“.

Regards,

Sibin

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.