Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Schema Sync – Ignore Prefix Still Not Available?

forums forums SQLyog Sync tools, Migration, Scheduled Backup and Notifications Schema Sync – Ignore Prefix Still Not Available?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      ken

OK, this is a long standing issue…

I am trying to diff a Drupal 4.73 database with a 6.19 one. One has drupal_ in front of all the table names, the other does not.

I imagine that the easiest thing is to dump the one db, batch delete the drupal_, then upload the script to a new db, then run the compare against the new db, but isn't SQLYog supposed to make things easier?

I was wondering why I was seeing common tables like node_revisions scheduled for creation, it's because the names did not precisely match, due to the prefix.

I am running on a netbook, so maybe I just don't see this option?

Peter?

peterlaursen
      Participant

You do not see the option because it is not there. We agree that this is a reasonable request (for users in particular that have only option to create a single database on their hosting), but there are lots of other reaonable requests (fixed and pending).  It is a matter of priority basically.

ken

Thanks. This seems like a matter of two text entry fields “Exclude_tablename_part”, one each for source and target, then an if statement wherever the tablenames are read, such that if Exclude_tablename_part is not null, then run a function to return the stripped tablename. Or maybe you would do them in batch, into two arrays. Anyway, it seems easy, not for me, but for a real coder.

Next, though, someone will come up with a case where both the prefix AND the suffix of the tablenames need to be stripped 🙂

Thanks for considering…

ken

I am doing another one of these. One database has jos_dos_ as prefix, the other drupal_

I am dumping an 18 MB SQL file, search replacing the prefix, creating a new database in order to try the sync. It's no fun.

K

peterlaursen
      Participant

@ken

As long as the tables are in different databases, there are no problems. You just need to create two connections listing only one database each in the connections manager. In this case no prefix filter is required. This request is first of all interesting for users using a cheap shared hosting plan that only gives access to a single database (that will then need to be used by multiple applications).

ken

Really? I have another one of these, a Joomla 1.5 to 1.6 conversion, so I dumped the 1.5 db and search and replaced the prefix to match the 1.6 db. Now I know I can do Structure Sync.

But, really?, I can just ask for a structure sync of two databases with jos_ and abc_ as table prefixes? Let me try …

If there are any additional steps, please let me know…

I am looking, created the jos_ database on my new server…Is there no way to copy the existing connection?

OK, I can't make this work. It looks like all the aae_ tables are to be created in the _jos datababase, and vice versa, even where the same table name already exists, jos_zoo_tag and aae_zoo_tag.

What is this “There is no problem?”- I'd like to see it…

Thanks!

peterlaursen
      Participant

Please tell: is there anything new in this discussion that is not listed here: http://code.google.com/p/sqlyog/issues/detail?id=805

ken
      'peterlaursen' wrote:

Please tell: is there anything new in this discussion that is not listed here: http://code.google.com/p/sqlyog/issues/detail?id=805

I would say “no”. I would welcome any non-zero amount of action on this.

On the bright side, I also own Database Comparer from EMS, and they have the same issue, but a prettier comparison GUI.

Still, I score it as a tie for last place.

Simply: If the “Compare tables without prefix” flag is set, shorten all the table names by taking the right substring of the tablename, rejecting the first “Prefix length” characters during the read of the database…

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.