Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Schema Design In V. 8.4 Broken

forums forums SQLyog Query Builder and Schema Designer Schema Design In V. 8.4 Broken

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      AGA Media

Hi,

when I try to load a schema file into the canvas (Ver. 8.4) I get a new QUERY(!)-tab with the SQL, but not the requested schema graphic.

Regards,

Joachim Bartels

AGA Media

Mahesh

Are you sure that extension of the file is .schemaxml

Can you please attach a .schemaxml file here ?

AGA Media
      'Mahesh' wrote on '06:

Are you sure that extension of the file is .schemaxml

Can you please attach a .schemaxml file here ?

Hi, Mahesh,

no, I reduced the extension to sxml, but opening the file was working in 8.32 and not in 8.4.

I attach a file for your testing … oops – I´m not allowed to “upload this kind of file” so …

here is the xml itself:

daten

CREATE TABLE `tabfakgelesen` (

`pkGel` int(10) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT COMMENT 'Leserliste Fakteninfo',

`fkFak` int(10) NOT NULL COMMENT '(überarbeiten! Kann das durch Wiki ersetzt werden?)',

`User` varchar(20) COLLATE latin1_german2_ci DEFAULT NULL,

`Gelesen` tinyint(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',

`GelDat` datetime DEFAULT NULL COMMENT 'Leserliste Fakteninfo',

`ts` timestamp NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP ON UPDATE CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,

PRIMARY KEY (`pkGel`),

KEY `idx_fkFak` (`fkFak`),

CONSTRAINT `fk_tabFakten_tabFakGelesen` FOREIGN KEY (`fkFak`) REFERENCES `tabfakten` (`pkFak`) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE

) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 COLLATE=latin1_german2_ci

CREATE TABLE `tabfakten` (

`pkFak` int(10) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT COMMENT 'Fakteninformationen',

`Thema` varchar(150) COLLATE latin1_german2_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT 'n/a' COMMENT 'Themenbezeichnung',

`Kommentar` mediumtext COLLATE latin1_german2_ci COMMENT 'RTF-Ausführliche Beschreibung',

`Quelle` varchar(255) COLLATE latin1_german2_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT 'n/a' COMMENT 'Quelle der Info (Bei Überarbeitung auf sdQuellen.QKzf umstellen!)',

`Bearbeiter` varchar(20) COLLATE latin1_german2_ci DEFAULT NULL COMMENT 'Ersteller der Info',

`EinDat` datetime DEFAULT NULL COMMENT 'Eingabedatum',

`ts` timestamp NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP ON UPDATE CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,

PRIMARY KEY (`pkFak`),

KEY `idx_Thema` (`Thema`)

) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 COLLATE=latin1_german2_ci

Kind regards,

Joachim Bartels

AGA Media

peterlaursen
      Participant

When you  load an SD XML-file a Schema Designer tab must be active.  If a normal query tab is selected  it will just load as  plain text into the editor.

AGA Media
      'peterlaursen' wrote on '06:

When you  load an SD XML-file a Schema Designer tab must be active.  If a normal query tab is selected  it will just load as  plain text into the editor.

Hi, Peter,

I´m aware of that – I work more than a year with the schema designer on a daily basis. To help you understand the issue, I checked it again in comparism to Version 8.32 – the result is to be seen in the attached PDF. In 8.32 the same procedure works fine, so it has to be caused by the new version.

All the best,

Joachim Bartels

AGA Media

peterlaursen
      Participant

“I renamed the extension 1.5 years ago from .schemaxml to sxml”. 

That is important information. In 8.4 we redesigned the file dialogue and I think the full extension is now required.  We will check.

nithin

Hello,

We have redesigned the File->Open menu with 8.4 version.

The release note(8.4beta2) tells:

The file menu has been reorganized to comply with standards. Note that to insert from a file into an open editor tab you must now use the context menu item from the editor. Such menu item in the context menu was also added with this release.

The logic is, while opening a file it checks for the extension, if the extension is neither .schemaxml or .queryxml It would open into the query tab. This has been introduced to avoid the complexities to use separate 'Open menu'/'recent files' for each query tab, schema designer and for query builder.

File->Open will detect the extension and open 'new' query/schema designer/query builder tab to load the file.

If need to open to same tab you could use context menu (menu right click editor/canvas)of the corresponding tab, But even here also if the extension is different it would open new tab to load this.

Is there any specific reason that you have changed the extension to .sxml ? Couldn't you make it as .schemaxml?

Thank you

Nithin

AGA Media
      'nithin' wrote on '07:

Hello,

We have redesigned the File->Open menu with 8.4 version.

The release note(8.4beta2) tells:

The file menu has been reorganized to comply with standards. Note that to insert from a file into an open editor tab you must now use the context menu item from the editor. Such menu item in the context menu was also added with this release.

The logic is, while opening a file it checks for the extension, if the extension is neither .schemaxml or .queryxml It would open into the query tab. This has been introduced to avoid the complexities to use separate 'Open menu'/'recent files' for each query tab, schema designer and for query builder.

File->Open will detect the extension and open 'new' query/schema designer/query builder tab to load the file.

If need to open to same tab you could use context menu (menu right click editor/canvas)of the corresponding tab, But even here also if the extension is different it would open new tab to load this.

Is there any specific reason that you have changed the extension to .sxml ? Couldn't you make it as .schemaxml?

Thank you

Nithin

Ok, it works after renaming the extension to .schemaxml – both with the context and with the open-dialog icon.

@Nithin
      : The only reason to rename the extension was the length of the extension itself. I work with loading several schemas for the same database at a time (the schemas contain groups fo tables e.g. tables for people, tables for adresses, for firms and so on). With a shorter extension there could be more schemas called upon since the total length of the resulting schema tabs are much shorter if I use .sxml (I discussed this point in a former forum Q/A). So, I now have a resolution with renaming my schema files to their original extensions, but would like to ask you to think about using shorter extensions like .sxml or .qxml on a regular basis (if ever possible).

Thanks for your responses, all the best,

Joachim Bartels

AGA Media

nithin

Thanks for the response.

The reason to use extensions, .schemaxml & .queryxml are for better identification.

But you have a point: “the total length of the resulting schema tabs are much shorter if I use .sxml

Let us discuss whether we can do anything for this.

nithin
      Quote:
      the total length of the resulting schema tabs are much shorter if I use .sxml

From 8.5RC (we will release this by 2 days) onwards for SchemaDesigner & QuryBuilder tab header shows only the file name, not the extension. We believe this would solve the issue with long extension for those.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.