Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Scheduled execution

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Scheduled execution

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      phict

Can i add a scheduled command in windows that everynight runs a syncro / da copy from a mssql into a mysql?

CalEvans

no

=C=

Bogdan Zagan

Actually you can !

—General—

Not with SQLyog for the moment, but use Scheduled Tasks. You can find this under Programs » Accesories » System Tools

! Attention !

Here comes the fun. You only can execute an .exe program. Ask a friend that knows Visual Basic or Visual C or other program to write for you a small program with the SQL commands that you wish to perform automatically. Compile the program (not actually a program but a small set of SQL queryes and connection strings)

! Alternative !

For unix systems such FreeBSD, Linux etc. there is a program called CRON that could execute Shell or Perl Scripts. This is a much easyer alternative. Search Google for examples and you will find more that you need.

—End general—

—Your answer—

In Enterprise manager (MsSQL) open Data Transformation Services (you will find this in Tools Menu). Create the package specifying the source (MsSQL server with the correct driver) and the destination (MySQL with the correct driver – MyODBC). Save the package.

Go to the Server Management, Jobs and right click » NEW JOB. Then use the wizard for schedule, allerts etc.

—End your answer—

If I where in your management / development team I would advice you to work around this problem, Ritesh!

I use a lot Microsoft SQL Server, and the killing feature is the ease of creating jobs for database maintenance.

This feature could be easy implemented with your program… at least for UNIX servers. I cannot anticipate but I guess Windows 2003 will be a surprise for all of us !

Cheers

Ritesh

Scheduled Query execution is in the TO-DO list of SQLyog 2003 😀

Bogdan Zagan

Thats the spirit !

I like your answer better than Cal's 😀

I watch close the database market share. The big pretenders are Oracle and Microsoft. But Microsoft is doing more than Oracle to make things happend easyer and faster. For now the advantage is the OS under Oracle works. But this won't be for long an argument when the comparison between OS's would resume to some hardware differences.

Ritesh
      Quote:
      I like your answer better than Cal's

Since, I work for Webyog I know what is in the TO-DO list for SQLyog.

Bogdan Zagan

No doubt.

And I would be glad to give you some advices or assistance and to try the product … from an DBA's perspective.

Another way of popularising your product would be the creation of plugins… or extensions. This way we could contribute to the development of your product 😎

Take a look at Macromedia's products (DW MX especially)

phict

I dont know how to create the .exe files that were mentioned in this discussion, plus i dont have time to learn, but i really need the schedule function.

Is there a preliminary release date for the version with this function included?

And i like to thank everyone who is working on this project for spending their time to make the work easier for the rest of us. 🙂

/ phict

dogbody

You can schedule .bat files as well

just create a text file

give it the file extension .bat and put your command in it

example: if I want to read everything in the database

d:

mysqlbinmysql -P3500 -uMyName -pMyPassword -DMyDatabaseName -e “SELECT * FROM MyTableName”

That's all you need – of course this query is pretty pointless if it's scheduled, but it would suit replication.

I would use DTS at the moment to transfer between MSSQL and MYSQL but I'm looking forward to when the SQLyog ODBC Import tool can be scheduled cause it's sooo much faster!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.