Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Safe To Shut Down Sqlyog During Processes (Like Optimize Tables/backin

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Safe To Shut Down Sqlyog During Processes (Like Optimize Tables/backin

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      cowboy

Hey,

I've been testing out SQLyog on my largeish forum database (2,000,000 post records). SQLyog greys out when I do things like optimize tables, backup the database, or insert a column into a large table.

SQLyog goes unresponsive during this, which I understand. However, is it safe to close down SQLyog while it's running a process (or stacking them together like the table optimizations) by ending the process via task manager? I'm new to working with databases, even through SSH commands, so I'm trying to be cautious.

While we're on the topic, is it safe to exit the SSH terminal during a processing database command?

Thanks.

Mahesh

These operations depends on MySQL server performance, Network bandwidth etc..

Can you please tell,

1) Program version you are using ?

2) How much time it takes to perform a particular operation for example to Optimize a single table?

3) Can you give us a temporary access to the server, for privacy you can create a support ticket from here:

http://webyog.com/support

Rohit

It should be safe but not recommended.

If the operation fails for some reason, you wouldn't know the error messages, etc.

There are a couple of recommendations:

1) You can continue working on SQLyog by making a new connection.

2) You can minimize SQLyog and work on other apps

This way you know whether the operation completed successfully or not. I think that is important.

Does that answer your question?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.