Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Resultset Is Too Wide

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Resultset Is Too Wide

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

When I run certain SQL, for example:

EXPLAIN SELECT 1

The resultset is too wide and I have to scroll to the right to see the full resultset. The only thing that solves this is to switch to plaintext mode (Ctrl+L)

see the screenshot attached.

Environment:

– SQLyog 8.1 community edition

– Vista Business 64bit (but 32bit is also affected)

– charset(copied from history tab):

/*[12:11:04][ 0 ms]*/ SET NAMES 'utf8';

/*[12:11:04][ 0 ms]*/ SET sql_mode='';

peterlaursen
      Participant

Just resize the column in the table header (like you would do with a spreadsheet program). The column width you define will be used from then (also across sessions). The column width persistence in GRID was mostly done in 8.03. Changelogs:

“New major feature: column width persistence in GRIDs. Once you have defined a column width for a combination of database/table/column the defined column width will always be used. Note that connection details are not used for identifying columns with this new functionality so with replicated and identically named synchronized databases it is sufficient to define in one place. Alias’ed columns in results are handled by the column name and not the alias. Non-column results (like constants, results of expressions/functions, returns of SHOW etc.) are not supported currently. The feature can be turned on/off. Note that if both this new option and the old ”Truncate column headers … ” is checked in program ‘preferences’ the “Truncate ..” option will be ‘overridden’ by the new column width persistence feature.”

I cannot tell how it became like that on your system . It never was for me. Maybe you fingers slipped on the mouse/touchpad? Anyway please confirm that resizing once will fix this.

But there is something to look into for us too I think. That is that with such EXPLAIN all columns will take the same width (probably because output is not table data).

sandhya.r

“Non-column results (like constants, results of expressions/functions, returns of SHOW etc.) are not supported currently”

This we are not handling correctly.This is a bug in our code.

We will fix this.

Issue added here,

http://code.google.com/p/sqlyog/issues/detail?id=1069

Thank You.

Sandhya

navyashree.r

Issue is fixed internally and will be available in next release 8.13 beta1.

Regards,

Navya

navyashree.r

Hi,

This issue is fixed and available in 8.13 beta1, publicly available!

Please refer to:

http://www.webyog.com/blog/2009/06/19/sqly…-been-released/

Please let us know the status.

Thank you.

Regards,

Navya

navyashree.r wrote on Jun 22 2009, 12:19 PM:
      This issue is fixed and available in 8.13 beta1, publicly available!

Works perfectly. Thank you, good job 🙂

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.