Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Request: Select Multiple Cells In Result Tab

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Request: Select Multiple Cells In Result Tab

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      larsen
      Participant

Hi,

I sometimes have a result where I want to copy data by selecting multiple cells with the mouse, but unfortunately this is not possible yet. I can only copy the data of one cell at a time or all rows at once.

Lars

+1 on this one.

I usually need to modify the query for this, and it would be more natural to select those cells directly.

peterlaursen
      Participant

Workaround: shift to text-mode (Ctrl+L).

This request- and similar ones – is an old one.  But SQLyog is a database client and not a spreadsdheet. You can do in Excel, but can you do in Access?

larsen
      Participant

And it wouldn´t be more useful if it could?

Using the workaround I couldn´t select cell data from some cells of a column without also selecting the text of the rows inbetween.

peterlaursen
      Participant

The workaround will only let you select horizontally – that is right.

The Windows clipboard has no such 'metadata' information (row order, column order).  It is just holding a binary string. It also has no information from where/what program data were copied.  

I believe Excel etc. can do it because a spreadsheet will have meta-information in every cell (column, row, formula etc.), but no such information is available for data retrieved from a database.  There are only *data themselves*.  

You are requesting things that are not compatible with a database client and the Windows clipboard in my opinion. If we should add this meta-information client-side it will first be very complicated (and will only match one specific query), next it will conflict/ spoil interoperability interoperability with other programs (like text editors) that do not know how to handle such meta-information . 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.