Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Request: Portable Version Of Sqlyog

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Request: Portable Version Of Sqlyog

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      bryan11

Please consider making a version of SQLyog where all files and config data are in one zip archive. In other words, instead of installing to c:Program Files and storing the sqlyog.ini in the user's application data, have it all stored at the directory where the SQLyog executable is located.

This would make it easy to run SQLyog from a USB drive. It would also make it easy to store SQLyog in a portable apps location.

thanks,

Bryan

Shalmali

Hello Bryan,

I am afraid we will not be able to put Config information in SQLyog installation path. User Account Control may prevent SQLyog from writing into ini if its in the installation folder. We will continue to keep our config files in AppData folder.

To make things easy, I would like to suggest the following:

1) Install SQLyog on your removable drive. And run SQLyog from this drive from the system of your choice.

2) If you choose not to give the config folder path name(from your DOS prompt)of SQLyog every time you run from a different system, you can create a shotcut in your SQLyog installation folder of your removable drive, right click on the short cut and in the Target Text box and give the relative path to SQLyog config folder(that's same as installation path).

Please check the screen shot for more information. Referring to the screen shot attached,

My removable drive is H: where I have installed SQLyog.

I have set the properties of Short Cut in the target text box as “H:SQLyog CommunitySQLyogCommunity.exe” -dir “..SQLyog Community”

Clicking on this short cut would always open SQLyog from ini in the SQLyog Community folder(Installation folder) of the removable drive (Even though the drive letter changes).

Feel free to contact us, if you have more questions on this.

~Shalmali

bryan11

Thanks much for all your help, Shalmali!

I made a backup of my sqlyog.ini, removed Sqlyog from my system completely, and installed it again on the portable drive. After that, I placed a copy of the sqlyog.ini in the installation location.

I edited the shortcut to run Sqlyog to be this: “C:UsersbryanDocumentsPortableAppsSQLyogSQLyogCommunity.exe” -dir “C:UsersbryanDocumentsPortableAppsSQLyog”

One thing to note is that I had to shorten the installation path to only “SQLyog”. Without that, the path to the shortcut's target field was too long.

If you inatall things this way, Sqlyog runs perfectly with the Portableapps.com launcher and everything needed is in one directory.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.