Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Request: Filter/search Function For Connections

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Request: Filter/search Function For Connections

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Hotkey

Hi all,

as we have multiple (> 50) connections it would be very handy, if you implement the possibility to filter the connection combobox by a string.

Please see the attachment as an example.

By Typing a text like “abc” in the filter field the Stored Connection Combobox should be reduced by Connections which names contain the phrase “abc”.

Hi,

This is already supported and working for me. Please tell your SQLyog version.

Hotkey

Really? Where can i find it? I’m using SQLYog 12.04

Hi,

Please confirm once that we are talking about same thing. As I understand in SQLyog connection dialog combo box, if we type some characters the matching closest connection name starting with typed characters should be listed. If I am understanding it correct then it is possible.

I am attaching images to show you how it is working for me.

If I type ‘My’ SQLyog automaticlly selects My56.

[attachment=1996:Get_connection_by_name_1.jpg] If I keep typing and type ‘mys’ it automatically selects ‘mysql’.[attachment=1997:Get_connection_by_name_2.jpg]

Continuing it if I type ‘mysql_’ it automatically selects closest matching connection name starting with ‘mysql_’ i.e. ‘mysql_enterprsie’.[attachment=1998:Getconnection_by_name_3.jpg]

Hotkey

Yes, i knew about that “simple” Combo-Quicksearch. But what i need is a search functionality which searches not only from the start of the string.

Taking your first Screenshot as an example. I want to have an additional search textfield above the combo-box: If i woul enter “PAM” in this field the combo-values should get filtered an show only the connections “test_PAM”, “test_PAM1” and “Test_PAM_MySQL”…

Hi,

I understand your request now. Thanks for explaining. I have added this request to our issue/feature tracker. Although this task is not prioritized yet, but will be addressed soon. 

Hotkey

Hi,

any news on this feature? Would be great to see this in one of the next releases soon. 🙂

Best regards

Hotkey

Hotkey

Since there wasn’t a reaction since January i would like to ask again: Is this Feature prioirized yet?

Kartik Grover
      Spectator

Hi

Yes we are working on this. It is under development. This feature will be added in the next release. Thanks for your patience. 🙂

Regards

Kartik Grover
      Spectator

Hi

We have added this search functionality in SQLyog 12.15.. Please refer to>> http://blog.webyog.com/2015/10/07/sqlyog-mysql-gui-12-15-released/

Regards

Kartik

Hotkey

Thank you so much, exactly what i need!

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.