Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Request: Few Features For More Ergonomic Usage

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Request: Few Features For More Ergonomic Usage

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Jason O'neil

Hello, guys!

• Edit/View 'text' field – add highlight/formatting for JSON and XML formats.
      • Add function 'Go to Foreign' in context menu of foreign key field.
      • Bug: when I try to select some queries in tab 'History' with the Alt-key, selection doesn't cover long queries and selected text in clipboard has random case.
      • Add function 'Neighbor tables' in context menu of foreign key field.

More detailed:

1. While editing field with type 'TEXT', you can choose between 'Text' and 'Image' representation of content. But, often people save there some date in XML or JSON format. It would be nice to have at least automatic formatting data with some simple rules (each parent open/close tag at a new line; child tag has +1 tab relating to parent, etc.).

2. You have implemented feature with displaying Foreign table when editing foreign field key. But, if I need to edit that record in Foreign table, I have to choose that table, then find necessary record or use filter. I suggest, that's not difficult to add some function 'Go to Foreign' in context menu – that function would choose a Foreign table and add required filter.

3. For example, we have next history rows:

Code:
      /*[10:47:00][23 ms]*/ SELECT * FROM `hb_dev`.`tbl_core_user_role` LIMIT 0, 100;
      /*[10:47:00][43 ms]*/ SHOW KEYS from `hb_dev`.`tbl_mdl_counter_group`;

I want to select queries without timestamps. So, I put cursor left from the SELECT, hold ALT and move cursor to the end of second query. But, first query is selected only to LIMIT word. Whatever I tried to do – I cant select whole first query till the second query is shorter than first.

Secondly, we can see that case of selected text has some kind of random spreading

Code:
      SHOW CREATE TABLE `hb_dev`.`tbl_mdl_counters`;
      show full fields from `HB_DEV`.`TBL_MdL_COunters`;
      show keys from `hb_dev`.`tbl_mdl_counters`;
      SeLECT * FRom `hb_dev`.`tbl_mdl_counters` limit 0,
      show create TABLE `hB_DEv`.`tbl_message_code`;
      show FULL fields from `hb_dev`.`tbl_messaGE_CoDE`;
      SHOW keys from `hb_dev`.`tbl_message_code`;
      select * froM `Hb_DEV`.`TBL_mESSAge_code` limit 0,
      show create table `hb_dev`.`tbl_mESSAgE`;
      SHOw full fields from `hb_dev`.`tbl_message`;
      show keYS FROm `HB_Dev`.`tbl_message`;
      select * FROM `hb_dev`.`tbl_message` limit 0, 100;

4. When mouse cursor is over the 'Neighbor tables', sub-menu appears and there are list of tables which have same foreign key. On click on some table, we will be redirected to that table and filter applied with proper value of foreign key.

Anyway, thank You for such a great and useful product!

peterlaursen
      Participant

1) is added here http://code.google.com/p/sqlyog/issues/detail?id=190 – but no short-term plans. First priority for extension to BLOB viewer is likely a HEX-viewer option in the BLOB Viewer.

peterlaursen
      Participant

I think the option to use ALT to filter out the /* timestamp comment*/ is an undocumented feature – and maybe even one we were not aware of ourselves (I was not). Please let us check if it is possible to make it work properly as you describe it.

Jason O'neil

Added 4th feature.

That's a pity about XML/JSON parsers.

peterlaursen
      Participant

I don't get you as regards 4). Could you detail this? Maybe a screenshot with some comments could help?

vishal.pr

@Jason O'neil

ALT + Selection is used to make rectangular selection and its a Scintilla property, the editor component used in SQLyog. The behavior you mentioned is verified and will be reported to Scintilla developers. If it is confirmed as bug we may provide a fix for this. However, you can try the reverse here. That is, start the selection from top right and extend it to left. this will work.

Regards,

Vishal P.R

Jason O'neil
      'vishal.pr' wrote:

@Jason
      O'neil

ALT + Selection is used to make rectangular selection and its a Scintilla property, the editor component used in SQLyog. The behavior you mentioned is verified and will be reported to Scintilla developers. If it is confirmed as bug we may provide a fix for this. However, you can try the reverse here. That is, start the selection from top right and extend it to left. this will work.

Regards,

Vishal P.R

Ok, thanks.

Your reverse selection I've tried early, but it does work only if we start/end selection on the longest string. In other words, if we have longest string in the middle of selection – it's cutting selected text.

Jason O'neil
      'peterlaursen' wrote:

I don't get you as regards 4). Could you detail this? Maybe a screenshot with some comments could help?

Some kinda painting

neighbortables.th.jpg

And db dump attached[attachment=1609:dump.zip].

So, in list Neighbor Tables we have all tables listed, which have the same foreign key (book_id) as current table publishing

vishal.pr
      'Jason wrote:

Ok, thanks.

Your reverse selection I've tried early, but it does work only if we start/end selection on the longest string. In other words, if we have longest string in the middle of selection – it's cutting selected text.

A fix is committed for this particular issue. This will be available in the next public release. Thanks for reporting.

Regards,

Vishal P.R

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.