Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Req: Disable The Icon Toolbar (…and Enable Custom Shortcuts!)

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Req: Disable The Icon Toolbar (…and Enable Custom Shortcuts!)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      regex
      Participant

Hi there,

Big fan of SQLyog Ultimate for a number of years now… But not a fan of Windows 8 / Mobile Phone-style interfaces on PCs!

A custom-built PC with top components and multiple monitors is not a mobile phone. 🙂 Nope.

With 12.1, my SQLyog window seems to have lost a lot of real estate for useful stuff because of that massive tool bar with huge icons that I don’t need or use.

On the other hand, the bright colors are nice.

Is there a way to disable the icon toolbar? The menu with just words at the top is perfect for me! Don’t need a toolbar, the icons mean nothing to me. We are overloaded with icons, it’s impossible to remember them all in every program.

If not, can you please implement this? It’s quite common to be able to disable toolbars. Not everyone has the same work style. For instance some people are graphical-minded, others shortcut-minded.

Continued thanks for the great software, but I’m sure a number of your fans have the same feeling that the new interface stole something (some real estate) instead of adding.

I love SQLyog… Please don’t grow up to be an ugly teenager.

peterlaursen
      Participant

Personally I think that an option to hide the icon bar is an OK request for small devices/screens in particular. This will leave more room for the editor and/or datagrid

Except for the exectue/arrowicon i rarely ue iconsmyselt.  I use the menu/context menu mostly and additionlly a few keyboard shortcuts. 

regex
      Participant

I use the menu/context menu mostly and additionlly a few keyboard shortcuts.

Same here.  🙂

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.