Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Req: Autocomplete For Mariadb Functions

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Req: Autocomplete For Mariadb Functions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      regex
      Participant

SQLyog talks well to MariaDB, and I realize that at the moment features such as virtual columns are not yet implemented in the GUI, though they can be controlled via queries. (Incidentally, I noticed that although HeidiSQL has no GUI support for the creation of such columns either, it has a virtuality field that reports on them.)

My suggestion is about something “smaller” that would be a nice step in the direction of MariaDB: recognizing function names in autocomplete.

MariaDB has a few functions that don’t exist in MySQL. For instance, thanks to PCRE support, we have several new regex functions such as regexp_replace.

Thanks in advance for considering it!

🙂

Virtual/persistent columns are already supported for mariadb. Dynamic columns are not yet supported.

All the functions of mariadb are not yet added but you can add your own string in autocomplete of SQLyog. Please refer-http://faq.webyog.com/content/8/93/en/can-i-add-my-own-strings-to-sqlyog-auto_complete.html?highlight=keywordsdb

regex
      Participant

you can add your own string in autocomplete of SQLyog

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for the tip.

– It worked to some extent: the keyword is highlighted, but autocomplete is not working (so far)

– During some SQLyog upgrades, I imagine that keywords.db can get overwritten, in which case, the new words would have to be added anew

– I’m sure others are interested in MariaDB functions and it would be a neat addition to future editions.

Here are the steps in case anyone else wants to try it:

– Install DB Browser for SQLite or SQLiteStudio

– In that application, open C:Program FilesSQLyogKeywords.db (for SQLyog x64)

– Browse the objects table

– To add regexp_replace (for example), add a record like this: regexp_replace, 1, “subject, pattern, replace” (without the quotes), 32300, 0, 0

– Restart SQLyog

– type “regexp_replace”: the keyword is highlighted, and you can see the function’s signature (subject, pattern, replace)

Thanks in advance for any further tips.

peterlaursen
      Participant

Let us summarize the requests you posted last month into one trhead.  I think this covers the most important (for you) things (feel free to add):

• Customizable keyboard shortcuts. SQLyog has been lacking in the shortcuts department for quite some time. If you don’t like one of the default key binding, tough luck—you are stuck with it.

• Pref to specify the folder for favorites. By default, favorites live in AppdataroamingSQLyog. This makes them easy to lose if you change computers. It would be great to be able to specify the folder. 

• Autocomplete for MariaDB functions. MariaDB has new functions, such as regexp_replace(). It would be nice if the editor recognized them.

• Ability to hide the icon bar. Hiding it would save real estate.

• More server information. Apart from Status and Variables, it would be nice to be able to see command statistics and processes, like in HeidiSQL. 

• Where’s the manual? The manual has been removed from the software with a brief explanation about chm files—which to me sounded like a weak excuse as chm help files work great in my other programs. Worse, there’s no online manual. Instead, there’s a knowledge base search that never seems to find the information I need. I understand cost-cutting, but for users the loss of the manual is a big step backwards. 
      regex
      Participant

Hi Peter,

On the MariaDB story, I thought this post explained the policy and situation very clearly.

So that’s one I’ll cross off my list.

If seen out of its context, the list of requests you posted might look whiney… So for anyone else, I’ll explain that the context is that this is a wish list that lives on a page of my site, a page that is otherwise devoded to singing SQLyog’s praises.

SQLyog is terrific. I’m sure you guys get a huge number of requests. These are features that matter to me, but of course it’s only one user among many.

🙂

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.