Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Remote Sql Script Execution

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Remote Sql Script Execution

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      jack111

My server is in another continent. I constantly am updating it and backing up files.

Run busy sites and also have big databases some are about 50mb.

when I need to do a full reinstall [which is hopefully rarely] I find the execute time via the SSH client takes a long time. The quickest to date after my initial pessimism is SQLyog. But even it took 10 minutes to remotely execute just a 333kb sql leave apart a 50mb SQL file which really worries me.

I have the fastest internet access avialiable locally at the moment which is……………………..

10 MEGABYTE download speed

384 KB upload speeed

a T1 line I just think is not practical as the costs here in the UK are very high.

So any ideas of how to shave off minutes would be great.

I think the problem is more to do with my overloaded mysql server [4.1] than the internet speed as with an upload speed of 384kb even a 33kb file shoud get uploaded in just a minute.

So mysql optimization tweaks you guys have done would be helpful. I already use zend optimizer. Also is there a benchmark do in SQLyog to see how well the mysql server is performing

cheers

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.