Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Reinstall/install Sqlyog Ignoring Appdata Location

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Reinstall/install Sqlyog Ignoring Appdata Location

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      zzapper

In our office Appdata points to a Windows Server this causes many sqlyog operations to freeze for 20 seconds whenever it save any context.

I can temporarily set Appdata to my c: drive unfortunately SQLYog seems to remember that Appdata is remote.

Advice?

peterlaursen
      Participant

I don’t understand how you “temporarily set Appdata to my c: drive”..

But there is an option in menu .. tools .. preferences .. Power Tools tab to specify a folder where local databases used by “autocomplete” is stored.  Here you may specify a local folder. Please try this. It is undoubtedly the traffic (reads and writes) that autocomplete needs that causes this irresponsivenes.  Please try this. The option was added many years ago exactly for use on networks there users’ ‘roaming profiles’ are stored on a cental server. 

You can also first try to disable autocompelte temporarly and check if that helps.

[attachment=2064:tags.PNG]

peterlaursen
      Participant

[attachment=2065:tags.PNG]

Image showing this option.

peterlaursen
      Participant

After thinking a little it could also be a problem with “session restore” database being written to you “roaming” fodler on the central server.  . You may try to turn that feature off temporarily too – just in order to identify the culprit here.  It must be either “autocomplete” or “session restore” I think. 

zzapper

Am starting to apply these tips. Answer to question above I can use regedit to repoint APPDATA back to my own PC  in the registry, however this is unfortunately periodically reset by Windows server. I think I need to do a complete uninstall of SQLYOG then reinstall etc

First thing I realise is that changing APPDATA in regedit DOESNT change the setting which I guess is loaded into memory e.g echo $APPDATA still shows the old value, if I restart APPDATA is reset back to it’s remote location … So in fact SQLYog always takes the remote location for APPDATA whenever I reinstall. 

So my   sqlyog.ini , sqlyog.err etc are remotely located

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.