Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Registration Issue

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Registration Issue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      taborinni

I have installed SQLYog on our developement server and there are 2 of us who uses it however it wants each user to register the program and the original registration codes do not work because I upgraded to 5.1B and the new copdes do not work either. Any thoughts?

CalEvans
      taborinni wrote on Mar 30 2006, 02:09 AM:
      I have installed SQLYog on our developement server and there are 2 of us who uses it however it wants each user to register the program and the original registration codes do not work because I upgraded to 5.1B and the new copdes do not work either. Any thoughts?

Unless I'm mistaken that's not allowed by the license. SQLYog is a client side program. You can install it on a network share but you are still only licensed to use it on on client. Again I could be wrong but this is the way most licenses are written these days. If you want 2 people to be able to use it, you need to buy 2 copies.

=C=

peterlaursen
      Participant

Well actually we are not quite clear here:

The Eula says: http://webyog.com/sqlyogmulti_eula.html

And the FAQ http://www.webyog.com/faq/30_38_en.html

Now in most situations each user has his own computer to work with, and it would then be the same. But it is not always the case. In some environments people are 'moving around' their office and not linked to a specific machine. Here in Denmark it actually is a management 'trend' right now, that employees should NOT have their own desk, computer, but instead move to the place most fit for a certain type of work. It also is supposed to improve the dynamics of an organisation.

I think we should clarify it!

Ritesh

Interesting that code doesn't work. Did you use the new code as the registration code method changed between 4.x to 5.x.

One license means that one copy of SQLyog can be installed on one computer. Multiple people using the same machine can use it though without purchasing another license.

peterlaursen
      Participant

I can confirm taborini's issue.

I tried to use SQLyog Enterprise 5 from another User Account than the one that I normally use. It prompted for the registration details, and DID NOT accpet those that are used on first account.

Would it do the trick to install once more as the other user?

peterlaursen
      Participant

YES and NO …

If each user install his copy of SQLyog enterrpise in each their folder (sqlyog_me & sqlyog_you) they can both be registered. If 2nd user installs 'over' the install made by 1st user it cannot. However SQLyog takes only about 10 MB disk space so this is no big issue to have two copies installed.

@ritesh
      : any chance to put the 'install for all users' option in the installer script with 5.1? (then fix the WINE issue with the installer script an the keywords DB too 'in one smash' <_< ) This issue also means that only 'Administrators' can install, register and use SQLyog Enterprise. Now a lot of companies don't allow users to be 'Administrators'. With the 'install for all users' option an 'Administrator' would be able to install for 'Ordinary Users'.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.