Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Refresh Vs. Row Limits

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Refresh Vs. Row Limits

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      larsen
      Participant

Hi,

pressing Enter in the “first row” or “rows” textbox above the resultset should refresh the result. Atm, you have to manually click on refresh.

Additionally, the second box doesn´t allow Tab or Shift+Tab, so it´s not even possible to use the keyboard to focus the refresh button.

Lars

peterlaursen
      Participant

“pressing Enter in the “first row” or “rows” textbox above the resultset should refresh the result” .. not sure if it should rather work as TAB does/should do.

” the second box doesn´t allow Tab or Shift+Tab, so it´s not even possible to use the keyboard to focus the refresh button” is confirmed!

peterlaursen
      Participant
      larsen
      Participant

Thx!

larsen
      Participant
      'peterlaursen' wrote:

“pressing Enter in the “first row” or “rows” textbox above the resultset should refresh the result” .. not sure if it should rather work as TAB does/should do.

Why should Enter work as TAB, when TAB already does the job and Enter could provide more functionality?

If I only want to display rows 0-200 instead of 0-100, I want to enter 200, press enter and be finished.

peterlaursen
      Participant

Once we start looking into it we will update here.  My concern is that if some user presses ENTER after entering a value it will start retrieving data again. And that may take time. So personally I think only the 'refresh' button should fetch data.  But let us see what developers think.  There may also be some official or 'de facto' standard in this respect.

TerryN
      'peterlaursen' wrote:

My concern is that if some user presses ENTER after entering a value it will start retrieving data again. And that may take time. So personally I think only the 'refresh' button should fetch data.  But let us see what developers think.  There may also be some official or 'de facto' standard in this respect.

As someone who works with a lot of slow queries (and not for lack of optimization 😉 ), my thoughts immediately went to unintended refreshes too. Some people who frequently edit database records (in some interfaces) might have a habit of pressing ENTER to commit changes to text fields. Then again, you might not do it unless you were finished making changes, so… maybe when they meant to also change the other box they wouldn't do it?

I like the idea, personally, but I have no such habit. As long as it's not accidentally implemented in such a way that it's triggered by the box merely losing focus! 🙂

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.