Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Redundant Auto-complete

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog BETA Discussions Redundant Auto-complete

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      jrossiter

(This may already be addressed in B7 since Ritesh seemed to indicate a lot of changes to auto-complete there.)

Auto-complete offers to complete keywords which are already complete…

Example:

In my amavisd database I have a quarantine table. If I type this query

Code:
      select mail_id from quarantine;

and then move the cursor onto the word “quarantine”, I'm offered the option to tab-complete the word. If you do so, it appends the portion of data that occurs after the caret.

For instance, if the caret is located at the second a in quarantine when tab is pressed, you end up with “quarantinentine”

Edit: Just tested this in B6. I see the same behavior, as well as something else, directly related.

The table mentioned above has a “quar_loc”. If you place the caret on the r in quarantine, you end up with “quar_locantine”. Note that the “quar_loc” option is not displayed to the user – it just happens if you press tab.

Ideally, (IMO) auto-complete should only be offered at the end of a word, or after a .

peterlaursen
      Participant

1)

Quote:
      Ideally, (IMO) auto-complete should only be offered at the end of a word, or after a .

By design auto-complete reads from last to cursor position and appends there. It does not intend to read what (or if) is after the cursors. Well .. I think you should only use autocomplete where it make sense to use it.

2)

If there are more alternatives possible it switches between them as you press TAB again. When first BETA was out I posted this: http://www.webyog.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1944 . That is how it is supposed to work.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.