Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Recconnect Feature

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Recconnect Feature

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Versatile

Hello ritesh,

because i have an wireless connection .. and a few unstable hosts (or their firewall can't keep the connection stable, i often need to reconnect to the host.

Therefor i need to close the complete connection and must close all the tabs/queries (yes i can save them 🙂 but only for a reconnect .. its too much work.

I;m mainly talking about the tunnel via ssh .. if there are more problem with normal connections i don;t know ..

[edit]

currently using 4.2 beta 5

[/edit]

Ritesh

SQLyog will automatically reconnect if the last error is:

Lost connection during query

Are you getting a different error?

Versatile
      Ritesh wrote on Oct 12 2005, 01:30 PM:
      SQLyog will automatically reconnect if the last error is:

Lost connection during query

Are you getting a different error?

[post=”7536″]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Error no: 2003

Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)

peterlaursen
      Participant

http://www.webyog.com/faq/23_15_en.html

It must in this case be the reconnection from the SSH-server to the MySQL-server that fails. SQLyog reconnects to the SSH server OK.

Don't have the solution. Wireless and SSH …

Versatile
      peterlaursen wrote on Oct 12 2005, 05:24 PM:
      http://www.webyog.com/faq/23_15_en.html

It must in this case be the reconnection from the SSH-server to the MySQL-server that fails.  SQLyog reconnects to the SSH server OK.

Don't have the solution.  Wireless and SSH …

[post=”7538″]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Thanks, it looks like it .. but as i read it there .. there's no connection .. from the beginning ..

I've already had an connection .. but suddenly it stops 🙁

peterlaursen
      Participant
      Quote:
      but suddenly it stops

Yes! I've heard about similar issues with wireless too. Actually I don't think it is the connection to MySQL the stops. Because then SQLyog would (try to) reconnect. I is somewhere else in the chain. You have no problems with wireless and other types of connections ?

Probably ot is a wireless TCP error. And you can't reconnect then. But can you after a while ? or what do you do actually … ?

I don't queite understand where it is wireles!

client ssh .. wireless .. server ssh … mysql

or

client .. some server host …server host running wireless ssh client .. server ssh .. mysql

and where is the firewall(s) in that ?

Well, yes. A “save all tabs”/”emergency save” would be nice in this situation. When SQLyog opens it should then open what was “emergency saved”.

Versatile

well it's intrestign .. that's sure ! 🙂

but also annoying ..

I know it can be the host .. and also wireless wich could be losing packages ..

But my wirelss is very stable .. and i can get up to 4 MegaByte/s so .. it looks good.

Doesn't take away the fact that their is need to save all queries and close all connections to reconnect ..

Maybe a little feature when the error occures a reconnect button apears … that kills plink and starts it again..

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.