Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Rebuild Tags Manually?

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog BETA Discussions Rebuild Tags Manually?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      jrossiter

I really don't like the overhead of rebuilding the tags on every connection, so I have it disabled. That said, I can't for the life of me find a way to rebuild the tags files by hand. There's no menu command that I can find.

Is there a way? It seems that there really should be.

On the subject of tags/autocomplete, has the incredibly long delay when deleting text from the query tab been addressed yet?

peterlaursen
      Participant

1) 'Rebuild TAGs' is available form 'powertools' menu.

2) “has the incredibly long delay when deleting text from the query tab been addressed yet?”

Sorry .. I don't understand or don't remember. There is no such kind of delay here. A problem you have been referring to before?

jrossiter

Thanks about the menu – I swear I looked.

About the delay, it's not something that I have mentioned personally, but I have seen other people mention it.

It may be tied to not having tags built, but if I select a block of text and delete it, the UI pauses for 2-3 seconds before it responds while it tries to parse/autocomplete.

I see the same behavior if I am just keyboard-navigating the query window (arrow keys) when I move between lines or statements.

Ritesh
      jrossiter wrote on Apr 9 2006, 01:47 AM:
      Thanks about the menu – I swear I looked.

About the delay, it's not something that I have mentioned personally, but I have seen other people mention it.

It may be tied to not having tags built, but if I select a block of text and delete it, the UI pauses for 2-3 seconds before it responds while it tries to parse/autocomplete.

I see the same behavior if I am just keyboard-navigating the query window (arrow keys) when I move between lines or statements.

This is a known issue and we have actually improved upon it in BETA 7 development tree. BETA 7 which we expect to release on Wednesday will have this improvement.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.