Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Rebuild Tags For Single Database Only

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Rebuild Tags For Single Database Only

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I have a database servers with quite a lot of databases each containing approx 150+ tables and the rebuilding of tags files takes quite a long time.

I have disabled the automatic generation at startup but I wonder if it is possible to regenerate the tag file for a single database only?

If I choose “rebuild tags” from the Powertools-menu it rebuilds the tag files for all the databases on the server.

Using SQLyog Enterprise 5.12.

Regards,

Martin

peterlaursen
      Participant

I think there are other priorities right now.

But I also think it will not be extremely difficult to implement a 'exclude.db' SQLite database with names of databases and tables that should be excluded!

Ritesh

I have added this in our TO-DO list.

Martin Larsen wrote on Jun 1 2006, 03:26 PM:
      If I choose “rebuild tags” from the Powertools-menu it rebuilds the tag files for all the databases on the server.

Just curious to know whether the process of rebuidling tags ( even for ALL databases ) slows down your normal work? We have taken all measures to make sure that tag rebuilding process is done on a background thread with low priority and is not “intrusive”.

Ritesh wrote on Jun 2 2006, 08:40 AM:
      Just curious to know whether the process of rebuidling tags ( even for ALL databases ) slows down your normal work? We have taken all measures to make sure that tag rebuilding process is done on a background thread with low priority and is not “intrusive”.

No. The program and the machine are both responsive. The only annoying part is the constant grinding of the harddrive (I'm using a laptop).

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.