Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Quicker Setup Request

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Quicker Setup Request

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      dbusr
      Participant

When I need to create and populate a new database, I select the create the database option and then the import a script option. It would save a little bother if the create database dialog had an option to select the database to load. SQLyog would then create the database and populate it all in one go.

Likewise, for existing databases, in the other More Database Operations section, it would be nice to have something like a Replace Database. Sometimes I need to emtpy a database and then reload it. Having an option to do both of those in one step would be helpful.

peterlaursen
      Participant

1) What about 'copy to other' option' setp 1) create the target database 2) from the table menu 'copu tables to other databse or host' and here select what object you wnat to copy.

2) “Replace Database”. MySQL tried to introduce a “rename database” command in early 5.1. It failed (wiht stored program in particular) and they removed it again. We will not attempt to implemet client-side what the server does not support. It will only lead to problems. What SQL commands should we execute BTW? Please understand that SQLyog can only do what can be specified in SQL.

Basically I think that what you are requesting is a 'macro recording' option in SQLyog (creating a series of commands/operations as a single operation). We dont have any such plans.

dbusr
      Participant

Thanks for the reply. I assume that when the create database, for example, is chosen from the menu, the code in SQLyog creates the command to create a database and sends it to the server. The same for the other commands. So it is would seem a simple thing to have the code issue one command and then another when the first is completed. That is not doing anything more than what it does now – just in one step. But perhaps I am missing something that prevents that from being possible.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.