Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Quick Filter

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Quick Filter

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Lee Firth

Hello,

If I click on a table and then click on the table data tab, how do I do a quick filter? According to the help file you can only do this after you have performed a query by right clicking on the result set and selecting “Quick Filter” from the right-click context menu. When I do this there is no “Quick Filter” available. The only available options are “Export Resultset….”, “Copy Cell Data to Clipboard” and “Copy All Rows to Clipboard”.

peterlaursen
      Participant

This was removed in version 5.0 (I think) as it was not compatible with other functions introduced at the time (and which were judged more important). We will introduce it – or something like it – again.

I also think that it is not described like that in the help file of recent versions (5.18 and 5.2)?

But it is true that there was a period after we removed the feature where the help file did not reflect that.

Lee Firth
      peterlaursen wrote on Sep 4 2006, 08:30 AM:
      This was removed in version 5.0 (I think) as it was not compatible with other functions introduced at the time (and which were judged more important). We will introduce it – or something like it – again.

I also think that it is not described like that in the help file of recent versions (5.18 and 5.2)?

But it is true that there was a period after we removed the feature where the help file did not reflect that.

OK, can you write SQL queries and save them that may prompt you for certain criteria? For instance. If I wanted to get all open contracts for a particular builder, I could quickly select a saved query and a popup message prompting me to enter the builder number would apear.

peterlaursen
      Participant

hmmm…..

some kind of 'parametric favorite' … well, thinking about it! Absolutely worth considering!

But actually we do want to restore the old filtering option. And also add some more advanced GUI SQL-building functions.

What happened with 5.0 was that the internal storage of data was changed and the old code using for filtering did not work with the new storage format. And since then other issues have been considered more important.

smbaloo

SQLyog community edition 6.02 has the filtering option.

but it does not work for varchar and throws error

Error No: 1267

Illegal Mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT ) and (utf8_general_ci_CORECIBLE) for operation

Is it a bug? or problem with MySql?

Baloo

peterlaursen
      Participant

well it normally works with varchars!

Please execute ” SHOW variables like '%character%' ” and paste the results!

Are you running on Windows or Wine/Linux?

there are such issues with mysql, including this one:

http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=26905

.. but if this is a mysql bug too we would like to report it explicitly.  Please assist in this!

smbaloo

It is running in Ubuntu 7.04 with wine

the output is

mysql> SHOW variables like '%character%';

+

+

+

| Variable_name | Value |

+

+

+

| character_set_client | latin1 |

| character_set_connection | latin1 |

| character_set_database | latin1 |

| character_set_filesystem | binary |

| character_set_results | latin1 |

| character_set_server | latin1 |

| character_set_system | utf8 |

| character_sets_dir | /usr/share/mysql/charsets/ |

+

+

+

8 rows in set (0.00 sec)

When i use the filter it hangs and i have to close wine and restart.

Baloo

peterlaursen
      Participant

OK .. thanks for the reply!

Please also tell the Wine version.

“wine –version' in a command shell will return the version!

but I do not think it is that.

Could you try creating a database with utf8?  In SQL ” CREATE DATABASE CHARSET UTF8 “.

Next try to repeat with this database!

1:

| character_set_system | utf8 |

and

2: Illegal Mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT ) and (utf8_general_ci_CORECIBLE) for operation

clearly tells that it uses the “character_set_system” for the data in the grid.

We will have to analyze this a little more!

smbaloo

Thanks peter,

I have created the database as per your suggestion and copied the data from another database.

Now the filter works.

Baloo

peterlaursen
      Participant

We cannot reproduce (no matter the charset/collation of data) this on Fedora6.  MySQL 4.1.21

Personally I think it is a bug with the MySQL version that you use.  But I cannot totally exclude the possibility of an issue related to this Wine version on Ubuntu.

smbaloo
      peterlaursen wrote on Jun 19 2007, 06:45 PM:
      We cannot reproduce (no matter the charset/collation of data) this on Fedora6. MySQL 4.1.21

Personally I think it is a bug with the MySQL version that you use. But I cannot totally exclude the possibility of an issue related to this Wine version on Ubuntu.

Thanks Peter,

I am not able to reproduce the error. Now it works with the old databases also.

In desktop we have wine-0.9.33 and Ubuntu 7.04

Connected to the server Fedore core 5 and MySQL 4.1.17

Balu

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.