Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Question and Suggestion about SJA

forums forums SQLyog Sync tools, Migration, Scheduled Backup and Notifications Question and Suggestion about SJA

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      peterlaursen
      Participant

Q:

when running two SJA-jobs at the same time I've experienced that the one job aborts (with no message in the log) just as the other gets finished. Could it be a conflict between the two in trying to access the log (I figure something like: one job closes the log and other job aborts because it can't access the log ??) Woldn't it be better if each job had its own log ? Any better ideas ?

It's absolutely not unrealistic to have 2-3 SJA-jobs running simutaneously. When I do that to utilize my bandwith – that balances the speed of my ADSL-line and the speed of databaseaccess with HTTP-tunneling at my webhosting.

S:

PLEASE add a progress bar or sommething to the GUI-version of SJA. I just had a sync job lasting 2½ hour, and no indication of anything happening except for the network traffic. Also add some progress indicators in the log. A prompt for every 1000 rows read and compared for instance …

AND:

Once more (I guess it's the 4th time) I shall propose that if it's possible, then it should be possible to use any unique index (and not only a PK) for sync. Actually I'd like some feedback on that suggestion (nobody never answered!). Can it be done ? Will you consider it ?

Ritesh
      Quote:
      Once more (I guess it's the 4th time) I shall propose that if it's possible, then it should be possible to use any unique index (and not only a PK) for sync.

This option is in the TO-DO list but I am not sure when we will implement it as its pretty low in the priority list.

peterlaursen
      Participant

that's OK – that's a fair answer!

peterlaursen
      Participant

Concerning the log file-problem I found this at the SQLyog website

If you want to run it from the command prompt type:

sja

sja supports the following options –

-l

File where sja will log all the errors it has encountered while syncing databases. If no log file is specified then sja will create a default log file sja.log in the current directory of the executable and will log all error messages in this file.

And cant possible make it work to have SJA accept another logfile no matter how I “tweak” the syntax !!

Does that only apply to the LINUX version ?

Please describe EXACTLY what to enter at command line

Quote:
      sja.exe test.xml -l test.log

does not work with Windows command line here

peterlaursen
      Participant

SHIT .. escape character problem again I guess

I'll try this one

Concerning the log file-problem I found this at the SQLyog website

If you want to run it from the command prompt type:

sja

-l

File where sja will log all the errors it has encountered while syncing databases. If no log file is specified then sja will create a default log file sja.log in the current directory of the executable and will log all error messages in this file.

And cant possible make it work to have SJA accept another logfile no matter how I “tweak” the syntax !!

Quote:

peterlaursen
      Participant

I Surrender … 😎

I was trying to copy from here:

http://www.webyog.com/sqlyog/sjaschema.html

peterlaursen
      Participant

one more discovery …

I can run more IDENTICAL SJA-sync jobs and improve transfer speed. By experimenting I found that with my server-configuration approx. 4 instances of SJA increases sync speed about 2½ times (more instances do not make any significant difference to the transfer speed ).

Probably that's WASTE of server resources (I believe that it often occurs that the same data are written several times – that probably also is the reason why more than 4 instances is no better than 4), but that's not my problem – that's the problem of my lousy webhosting! 😛 .

I think it's a particular problem with the network with my webhosting that there is a lot of time wasted each time a connection must be established or re-negotiated (DB access is low priority on the network). They probably also have some very small connection-specific buffersizes with the server (not configurable for me). PHP-configuration could be involved too …

Problems with conflicts with instances when adressing the log (which I still believe exist) can be “work-arounded” by setting “exit_on_error” = no.

peterlaursen
      Participant

AAAHH … there is a CODE-tag available .. then I think I'll succeed …

From the website:

Code:
      If you are using SQLyog Enterprise 4.0, you can start SJA using the wizard included with SQLyog. If you want to run it from the command prompt type:

sja

-l

Quote:

Quote:
      peterlaursen
      Participant

What about this one ??

Is there or is there not an option to specify a logfile other than the default one?

Ritesh

Its:

sja.exe test.xml -ltest.log and not sja.exe test.xml -l test.log

There should not be any space after -l

peterlaursen
      Participant

😀

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.