Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Query Editor Missing Random Characters When Opening A File

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Query Editor Missing Random Characters When Opening A File

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  vishal.pr 6 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

HowardCho

When opening the attached *.sql file in SQLyog, random characters seem to be dropped (line 23 in my SQLyog instance). I have noticed this on repeated occasions with different files, and was able to replicate it in v9.10 and v10.11. You can compare the text from the SQLyog query editor vs any text editor (I use notepad++). Any help with this would be much appreciated.

peterlaursen
    Participant

I have moved you to the correct category (you posted in MONyog and not SQLyog).

We will check this.

peterlaursen
    Participant

OK .. issue confirmed.

Please see image (with SQLyog and Notepad side by side).

[attachment=1827:chars.jpg]

Is it the same for you or different?

Can you also please tell with what program the file was generated? Ther may be some 'oddity' (such as non-printable characters) in the file. But we will check in a HEX-editor, of course.

peterlaursen
    Participant

Checked in a HEX-editor. Nothing 'odd' I can see. To me it only happens when opening the file from the 'file' menu, not when copy-paste into the editor. Other tools of various types can open the file.

We will debug this and fix with priority. Thanks for reporting.

HowardCho

Sorry for the delayed response. Thank you for moving it to the correct category–I didn't realize where I was posting. Yes you found the error. The file was generated and edited in notepad++, and I was originally thinking it could be an end-of-line difference (windows vs unix), but wasn't able to support that thought. Also, the error also occurs when you drag the file into the editor window (which is the same as opening, I presume). Thank you for getting on top of this so quickly.

vishal.pr

Hello,

This issue has been fixed in the development tree. The fix will be available in the next public release. Thanks for reporting.

Regards,

Vishal P.R

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.