Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Query Editor: Explain Error When Lines Commented

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Query Editor: Explain Error When Lines Commented

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      creatorbri

Ever since I upgraded from 10.4.x to 10.5, I get the popup dialog with an SQL Error saying the “EXPLAIN” statement failed whenever I run a query in which I've commented out a line. For instance:

SELECT * FROM users u

INNER JOIN managers m ON m.id = u.manager_id

WHERE 1;

This works fine. Now when I comment out the JOIN and run it again:

SELECT * FROM users u

# INNER JOIN managers m ON m.id = u.manager_id

WHERE 1;

I get an error:

EXPLAIN WHERE 1 LIMIT 0, 10000;

However, once I close the error dialog, the actual query proceeds and is executed just fine, correctly ignoring the commented line.

It looks to me like the EXPLAIN statement that SQLyog runs by default whenever I run a query, is not skipping the commented line as it should, but instead it “forgets” or ignores everything before the commented line. I've tried this with fairly long, complex statements and the behavior seems pretty consistent. But I'm quite certain I never had this problem before the upgrade!

sathish

Hello,

This issue is fixed and will be available in next public release. Thanks for reporting.

Regards,

Sathish

sathish

Hello,

We have released 10.51 with the fix for this. Please refer:

http://blog.webyog.com/2012/12/24/sqlyog-mysql-gui-10-51-released/

Regards,

Sathish

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.