Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Query Analyzer Feature Requests

forums forums Monyog Monyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Query Analyzer Feature Requests

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      mpc512

Using MONyog Trial version 4.6.2 on Windows

Hi,

I have 2 feature requests, please let me know if either one already exists and I'm just not finding it in the documentation!

1) I have a huge slow query log and am running MONyog across a WAN from my DB. Every time I want to re-analyze the log, it pulls down the whole thing again. Can you default to using something like rsync over ssh if the server supports it (so you only pull down the delta), or at least use the -C compression flag to scp or similar to increase transfer performance? Additionally, whenever I change my filter options it appears to need to sync the log down again; would it be possible to prompt the user after a filter option change as to whether they want to re-filter the existing local log instead of having to click on “Analyze” to re-sync the whole thing? I realize i can probably simulate these features by setting up some automation outside MONyog to make the log available to me locally, but it would be nice to do it from within MONyog.

2) More important than (1) since I don't see any workaround, I'm running into the 2000 character limit for SQL's displayed in the Query Analyzer. The reason this happens a lot in my environment is we use Hibernate and it's generating gross slow-running SQL that's often upwards of 4000-6000 characters long. I understand why you need to truncate the SQL somewhere, but can you make that limit configurable for folks like me that need something larger than 2000?

thanks!

matt

mpc512

Replying to my own post here, I think I may have been incorrect about where time was being spent in (1). I spun up a MONyog sitting next to the db server and it still takes quite awhile to show the results… it's spending its time _parsing_, not _downloading_. So, ignore request (1), I'm obviously still curious about (2), though!

matt

Shalmali

Hi,

We shall discuss & get back to you regarding this. Thank you for your suggestion.

Regards,

Shalmali

'mpc512' wrote:

Replying to my own post here, I think I may have been incorrect about where time was being spent in (1). I spun up a MONyog sitting next to the db server and it still takes quite awhile to show the results… it's spending its time _parsing_, not _downloading_. So, ignore request (1), I'm obviously still curious about (2), though!

matt

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.