Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Proposal: Help files

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Proposal: Help files

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      wdsmith

Hello,

Thank you for such a great replacement to phpMyAdmin and MySQL Front.

I work for a gov organization which has extremly high security and does not allow for extended online activity. Even when we are allowed access, it is very limited. We have to go thru so many hoops just to visit a website, just think of the hassle of downloading a file.

As programmers we are allowed access to the basic help sites such as MSDN Online as well as a few others approved by people without any clues. Even then our time is very limited and usually always we end up printing the pages we need rather than spend our time online performing research.

Since we are developing all of our national and international intranet in PHP with MYSQL/Postgresql backends it is imperative that we have all of our help files hard copied onto our dev pc's.

My question is simply this. Is it possible to make available for download all of the SQLYog help files or will there be a .chm coming out which we may use?

Thank you,

wdsmith

nero

hi,

May be a good tip.

I have a ADSL connection but MSDN is still f… slow while they refresh constantly the whole page.

So I started to simple save the page as .mht (IE version only)

You wil get a single file, internal it's a email, with all the stuff text and pictures in it if they are on the page.

You can copy this file to any place and it still works. Becarefull not to use Save as .html because that is not working so nice. It creates a directory with the page title as name and there are people that makes it very long. Secondly the html file is rewriten to the path you used to store it and is not to move to other place without editing the whole page.

Another option is to use something as SiteSnagger or HTtrack (wich I use) to get a copy of such pages. 😉

nero :ph34r:

Ritesh

I completely support with nero's view. The best way to keep the Help file for offline viewing is to save the file as .mht on to your hard disk.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.