Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Problem With Migration Toolkit Skipping Data

forums forums SQLyog Sync tools, Migration, Scheduled Backup and Notifications Problem With Migration Toolkit Skipping Data

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      skusa

I am using 8.05 Enterprise Trial and it seemed to do wonders for what I wanted to do before I ran across this problem:

I am trying to migrate a site db to a new db.

The schemas are somewhat similar but not 100%.

I am using the Migration Toolkit to port the data, but it seems that it skips data sometimes, but does not throw any sort of error or exception:

here is the xml for the settings file:

Code:

localhost
      test test 3306 0

test_prd2

Test PRD

no

PRODUCT_ID
      PRODUCT_ID
      varchar
      yes no
      yes
      no
      no
      no
      PRODUCT_FEATURE_ID
      PRODUCT_FEATURE_ID
      varchar
      yes no
      yes
      no
      no
      no
      PRODUCT_FEATURE_APPL_TYPE_ID
      PRODUCT_FEATURE_APPL_TYPE_ID
      varchar
      no no
      no
      no
      no
      no
      FROM_DATE
      FROM_DATE
      timestamp
      '0000-00-00 00:00:00' yes no
      yes
      no
      no
      no
      THRU_DATE
      THRU_DATE
      timestamp
      no no
      no
      no
      no
      no

yes

It imports about 99% of the data and some random ones are skipped (atleast at this point it seems random because I have not been able to figure out why it chose to skip certain ones.

Is this a bug with 8.05?

peterlaursen
      Participant

We have no record of such bug. I am afraid we will need some more info here. Maybe you could share the schema's an a few rows (export as CSV for instance) that fail to be transferred? You may create a ticket for privacy.

Also tell the MySQL server versions and the ODBC driver version. Did you try both MyODBC 3.x and 5.1? (I think I understand that both source and target are MySQL servers).

Also if you try once more no rows are tranferred this time?

peterlaursen
      Participant

Also you do not happen to have a Primary Key defined on a FLOATING POINT datataype (float, double or decimal with early MySQL versions) ?

sandhya.r

It imports about 99% of the data and some random ones are skipped (atleast at this point it seems random because I have not been able to figure out why it chose to skip certain ones.

1. Could you please elaborate on this — it is importing 99% of the data?

In the SJA wizard, see image “migration.JPG” is it displaying all the rows transferred?

2. Are you importing to an empty table?

The schemas are somewhat similar but not 100%.

3. You have mentioned schemas are somewhat similar. So, please give both source and target schemas?

BTW please confirm with the details about ODBC source and others asked by my colleague?

Regards,

Sandhya

skusa

hey guys, thanks for the info. it appeared the data did go in, but some of the table columns did not match in the number of characters allowed, so data was cut off when being transferred to the other columns.

is there a way to note this with an error message? i have it set to abort on errors, but the logfile doesn't say anything except that the job was started.

so when i was querying the sql db after the import, the data i was looking for wasn't there because the data was cut in terms of length.

peterlaursen
      Participant

If the server truncates data it will send a warning, but we do not collect warnings in the tool.

That we could consider.

navyashree.r
      peterlaursen wrote on Jun 10 2009, 04:48 PM:
      If the server truncates data it will send a warning, but we do not collect warnings in the tool.

That we could consider.

Hi,

Issue added in our issue tracker,

http://code.google.com/p/sqlyog/issues/detail?id=1082

Thank You.

Regards,

Navya

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.