Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Problem Typing In Field With Foreign Key

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Problem Typing In Field With Foreign Key

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Mitch
      Participant

SQLyog ultimate 12.16

Wine 1.6.2

Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit

When the data grid is access in update mode, typing in a field that is defined as a Foreign Key to another table, the first character typed in that field does not display, although it is actually there.  The 2nd and following characters do show.  When the data is saved, all the typed characters are present. 

Sibin A S

Hello Mitch,

We are not able to reproduce this case at our end  with wine version 1.6.2 and all the characters(especially the first character) do show up in the field.

Regards,

Sibin

Mitch
      Participant

I’ve noticed that it is only a problem if the column is relatively narrow.

Mitch
      Participant

I’d post a screen shot, but can’t figure out how!

peterlaursen
      Participant

I agree that attaching a file can be a little tricky with this Forums software. Please try to follow the steps:

1) Click on “more reply options” (below the editor)

2) Click “Select file”.  A Windows explorer dialog will open. Select teh file. 

3) Now “Attach this file” .It will be uploaded.

4) Finally “Insert to post”.  It will be inserted at cursor position, but you can move the placeholder using copy/paste.

Mitch
      Participant

See attached screen shot.

[attachment=2058:Selection_005.png]

Mitch
      Participant

I humbly suggest that the process to add a screen shot be simplified.

peterlaursen
      Participant

We don’t develop this Forums software ourselves. It was originally chosen for 2 reasons primarily 1) There was professional support option 2) File attachmentis possible (in various free similar softwares like phpbb there is/was not). 

Thanks for the image anyway! 🙂 We will check.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.