Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Portable Installation And License

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog Comments Portable Installation And License

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Hic

I have an single-user Sqlyog license, which I using at my home PC. But here at forum and in FAQ there are isrtuctions about how to make installation portable. So here's the question – does single-user license allow portable installations? And if yes – can it coexist with standalone installation (providing I am the only user of both, and only one of them is running at any time, of course)?

Usually dev-tools have such rights in licensies, but I didn't find something similar in SqlYog's one…

peterlaursen
      Participant

As long as you are the only user and if only one instance is used at a time a single user license will do:

http://www.webyog.com/faq/content/30/38/en/will-i-need-a-sqlyog-license-for-each-mysql-server-that-i-need-to-access.html

One reason to have multiple instances could for instance be to have a different set of 'favorites' in each and there is no reason why we should prevent such use.

Hic

Ah, missed that FAQ topic, becouse it's title is about multiple servers 🙂 Thanks a lot!

Big Stu
      Quote:

However individuals purchasing a single license may install a copy on a stationary computer and a laptop

Following the letter of the licence then I cannot install on my two desktops, one at work, one at home….unless I lie and say one is a laptop.

Slightly annoying as software packages in general allowed 'work & 'home' use without specifying machine type, but do seem to be moving towards 'machine' and laptop.

peterlaursen
      Participant

It does not matter if both are 'laptops' or not. A stationary and a laptop is just the typical scenario for most users.

Big Stu
      'peterlaursen' wrote:

It does not matter if both are 'laptops' or not. A stationary and a laptop is just the typical scenario for most users.

Excellent…thank you for the clarification.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.