Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Php Tunneling

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      DaRkYoda

Hello,

I want to develop a little tool to configure directly Oscommerce from windows, and I want to implement a PHP tunnel system, because I think it's a very good system !!

I want to know what is the licence of the SQLYog tunnel php file… It's possible I use part of your code if I keep the copyright in the header of my php tunnel ?

Thanks,

Mickael

peterlaursen
      Participant

nope …

our tunneller can only be use with SQLyog and SJA. However we do plan to release a 'standalone tunnller application' taht can be used as a genereic proxy.

Time Horizon: a few months

DaRkYoda

Thanks for you reply 🙂

The standalone application may be Freeware ?

peterlaursen
      Participant

nope – not Freeware!

uyuni

This thread is already quite old but I have an interesting link to it:

http://http-tunnel.sourceforge.net/

One thing that is not working here is SSL.

Andy Mason

So there will be a generic Tunnel'er that any desktop application can connect to it?

What I was trying to test out was whether or not I could connect to my mysql running on Yahoo! through a 3rd party application (eg TOAD, SQL Navigator) etc….

My ultimate goal after testing that this could be done was to connect to the mySQL database through VB6…….

a. Is the above possible with just the SQLyogTunnel.php ? I am assuming No, from the Thread (Above)

b. Will the Generic Tunneller application allow any desktop app to connect.

c. Can/could the SQLyogTunnel.php be tweaked to meet my needs in the meantime? After purchasing the Enterprise (of course)…

PS. I noticed that the connection to the Server seems to be extremely slow on my end. Each interaction with the delivered WebYog application seems to take anywhere from 30-45 seconds. I am running a cable modem and know that its not a generic speed issue. Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Andy Mason

Masontown, WV USA

peterlaursen
      Participant

“So there will be a generic Tunnel'er that any desktop application can connect to it?”

We would like to do it but did not find resources to start working on it yet.

“a. Is the above possible with just the SQLyogTunnel.php ? I am assuming No, from the Thread (Above)

b. Will the Generic Tunneller application allow any desktop app to connect.

c. Can/could the SQLyogTunnel.php be tweaked to meet my needs in the meantime? After purchasing the Enterprise (of course)… “

a: you are right in assuming no!

b: the idea was that this application should communicate with connecting applications exactly as the MySQL server does with a direct connection. To the extend that is possible (and I believe it is), the answer is 'yes'.

c: no. The application (whether SQLyog, SJA or such 'generic tunneller') communicates with the PHP tunneller script using an XML format. A application is needed with 'built in knowledge' of all details (including how data types are identified) of this format. So there is no need to tweak the SQLyogTunnel.php (a 'generic tunneller' could in principle use exactly the same tunneller script on the server as SQLyog does) – it is an application to be executed on your local machine that is needed.

Andy Mason

ok. Thank you for your quick response.

-Andy

peterlaursen
      Participant

Update: The idea of of a tunneler for 'generic use' was abandoned shortly after I wrote my last reply. There are no such plans.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.