Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Personal Conversation Not Allowed

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog Comments Personal Conversation Not Allowed

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      larsen
      Participant

Hi,

I received an email about a new “personal conversation”. Never used it before and when I open the link I only get “[#10226] You are not allowed to use the private messaging system.”.

Could someone please fix this or tell me what to do with it?

Lars

peterlaursen
      Participant

@Lars .. i am sorry about this.  All Forums have such 'Personal message' or 'Personal conversation' option. There is really no way with such system to prevent one user to communicate to another. Even if it is quite vulnerable, we had few issues in 5+ years. I know that our Sysadmin 'tightened' some security settings here (in order to reduce the risk of spam sent by malicious users).  Also we upgraded the Forums software a few weeks ago (and ther may be a bug). So there may be one or more reasons why you received this and are not able to reply. One reason is that the thread could have been deleted as it was identified as spam by the system.  Or the poster could have deleted himself.

We will check this of course.  Could I ask you to create a private ticket with all details (goto http://www.webyog.com/support) if there are more details.  A complete textual copy of what you received would be nice. 

larsen
      Participant

Hi Peter,

thx, I will do so.

peterlaursen
      Participant

We have disabled the option to 'make friends' in this Forum.  A few other people had this 'make me your friend' request.  Mostly Webyog employees, but also a few others.

larsen
      Participant

So, I´m kinda like a Webyog employee… cool 😉

larsen
      Participant

I just noticed that I still have a “1 in a green circle” next to my avatar in the top right corner indicating I have a new personal message. Could you please simply delete that message?

It´s not that kind of a problem, but I would notice it again and again 😉

peterlaursen
      Participant

I will try to figure out. But I do not think deleting the message in the queue will help. There is rather some kind of 'flag' in the user tables.

peterlaursen
      Participant

BTW: could you please make a screenshot of this?

peterlaursen
      Participant

I did something.  Did it help?

larsen
      Participant

No, didn´t help though I reloaded the page. See screenshot.

Supratik
      'larsen' wrote:

No, didn´t help though I reloaded the page. See screenshot.

Hi Lars,

I have deleted the Personal message, now you won't get that warning next to your avatar.

Please let me know if it has solved your problem.

Warm Regards

Supratik

larsen
      Participant

Hi Supratik,

I reloaded the page multiple times (and Opera does not use it´s cache on F5) and also logged out and in again, but unfortunately it´s still there.

Supratik

Hi Lars,

Thanks for the update.

Sorry to hear that my previous attempt didn't work for you.

I have made some configuration changes to our forums application, I think this would fix the issue.

Please let me know if it is fixed.

If you are still facing this issue please create a support ticket here.

We may require your login details to further investigate on this. You may change your password while creating the

ticket. All information in the ticket system are secured.

Warm Regards

Supratik

larsen
      Participant

Nope, still the same. I will open a ticket.

Thanks for your help =)

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.