Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Permissions Not Working

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Permissions Not Working

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      WulleBulle
      Participant

Hi there,

I just entered a new user, set his permissions to a certain database, set his permissions on some certain tables within this database, flushed privileges after applying to the changes and hit OK.

If I log in with this user, I can see all databases on the server, look into every table and alter data in every direction.

I think…the permissions tool of sqlyog needs to be fixed or what a I am doing wrong?

Thx and greetings

WulleBulle

peterlaursen
      Participant

You write this:

“I just entered a new user, set his permissions to a certain database, set his permissions on some certain tables within this database, flushed privileges after applying to the changes and hit OK.”

I think you did not do exactly what you aimed to do! Selecting in the Object Browser (the left column) has no effect on user management tools. I could figure that that was what you have been doing (only an idea) ??

In SQLyog you define

*GLOBAL privileges in 'add/edit user'

*OBJECT SPECIFIC privileges in 'manage permissions'

Both are in the tools .. user management menu.

It looks to me that you have defined GLOBAL privileges and not OBJECT SPECIFIC privileges. Or you may have defined both! If user shall have no GLOBAL privileges all checkboxes in 'edit user' for this user shall be empty.

What does

Code:
      SHOW GRANTS FOR 'user'@'host';

return?

BTW: no need to 'flush pivileges' explicitly yourself when working from the GUI – the program will do!

peterlaursen
      Participant

BTW: I forgot: you can always see in HISTORY tab what SQL was sent to the server.

WulleBulle
      Participant

Hi peter,

thank you for the quick answer. I just fixed it unchecking the global permissions in “edit user” and the table permissions in “manage permissions”. The user now has permissions for the certain tables that I want.

Greetings

WulleBulle

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.