Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Periodic Service Crash

forums forums Monyog Using Monyog Periodic Service Crash

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      g3d

Using MONyog 4.62 on CentOS 5.6 (Linux – 2.6.18-164.15.1.el5 #1 SMP Wed Mar 17 11:37:14 EDT 2010 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux), I see periodic crashes – between instant and up to 25 minutes – in the daemon process. The following log-entry (/usr/local/MONyog/MONyog.log) is always posted immediately before the crash:

[4.62] [2011-08-10 13:43:28] [Server: Share1] populatesystem.cpp(212) ErrCode:-1 ErrMsg:GetMysqlPid: SftpFileOpen: Could not open file '/var/lib/mysql/li258-203.pid' in '0' access mode: SFTP server: Permission denied

Quick fix appears to be to disable data-collection of server “Share1”.

Root problem appears to be to resolve the permission-denied issue.

However, I presume that the entire application should not crash due to a permissions issue. I have implemented the quick-fix, and am investigating the root problem, however is there something here that I'm missing and the root-cause of this issue is not correct?

g3d

Follow-up – after fixing the permissions issue and re-enabling data-collection, no more seg faults in the daemon were observed. However, I assume that the developers would still want to resolve the crash bug.

Mahesh

Can you please share crash dumps avialable from /usr/local/MONyog/bin along with MONyog.log file.

You can upload to our FTP server:

HostName: gateway.webyog.com

UserName: ftpadmin

Password: webyog123

Also /var/lib/mysql/li258-203.pid' '0' access mode: SFTP server: Permission denied

This means SSH user does not have permission to read PID file, An easy way to ensure this is to add the SSH user to the 'mysql' user group.

I am not sure this permission issue is related to crash.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.