Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Paste Sql Statement – But Only To Clipboard?

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Paste Sql Statement – But Only To Clipboard?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      iceman
      Participant

The ‘Paste SQL Statement is extremely useful because it pastes directly into the Query editor at the cursor position – but at the same time a bit annoying for exactly the same reason!

Frequently I want to, for instance, place a SELECT statement as a sub query but need to make considerable changes to it first so I don’t want it put in my main statement just yet. Sometimes I don’t even want it in the SQLYog editor yet.

It is possible to have another option in the context menu to allow both

‘Paste SQL Statement’

and also

‘Copy SQL Statement to clipboard’

that does the same thing but just puts the chosen statement onto the clipboard, allowing the user to paste it wherever they wish, even into a different application?

peterlaursen
      Participant

I am sorry, but I am not able to understand/recognize the context. Where are we exactly in the program interface?

iceman
      Participant

Sorry,

When writing a query, right click on any table in the database explorer panel. You will see the context menu shown in the attachment. The top item allows you to insert a choice of statements into a query you are working on. That’s where I’d also like an option to get the same choice of statements, but just put onto the clipboard (preferably even if I’m not writing a query).

Interestingly, in the query designer window, right clicking on the generated sql gives options to both copy to clipboard and copy to new query tab, that’s the sort of behaviour I’m, looking for but available when right clicking on a table in the explorer.

Mitch
      Participant

YES!  Great idea.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.