Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Order Default

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Order Default

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      moijisi

When i use a table and go to “table data” tab I almost always order the data by id desc double-clicking in the column.

You can add an option to automatically sort the data for a column when you select “Table Data”?

peterlaursen
      Participant

I do not see how this should be possible. There may be some solution that fits your scenario, but it will not fit the scenario of others then. It is not all tables that have an id column at all. And if it has it need not be the Primary Key.

We display rows in the order they are retuned by the MySQL server first time a table is opened.

John Rix
      Participant

I have a similar issue to moijisi, where in the majority of tables I look at, I want to order the data in descending id order so that I can see the most recent records.

I do have an alternate suggestion that could easily be implemented in a generic fashion though – provide a preference option to define whether clicking a column name sorts the data in ascending or descending order first after having loaded the table data. Although this does mean I would need to load the table data twice, it is still better than the current situation where I have to load it three times to see what I want!

Thanks,

John

John Rix
      Participant

Any reaction to the above suggestion?

Thanks,

John

peterlaursen
      Participant

I have added a note to this discussion in this context: http://code.google.com/p/sqlyog/issues/detail?id=1002

Currently we don't have the resources to do more – neither to decide on it or implement it.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.