Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Omit Pk Fields When When Syncing?

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog Comments Omit Pk Fields When When Syncing?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      ken

I would like to be able to dump data from one table to another, omitting the PK fields, so that the new data automatically creates new PKs in the target table.

I just tried one of these, and my 3 existing records got crushed by the update, even though I had specified to omit the id field (PK) from the transfer.

Thanks,

K

peterlaursen
      Participant

” even though I had specified to omit the id field  ”   How did you do that and what function/tool did you use? Maybe a screenshot would  clarify?

The 'import external data tool' (ENTERPRISE/ULTIMATE) feature( has this option and no other tool in SQLyog  (not exports/backup, copy or datasync). With COMMUNITY you  may execute a SELECT statement, export to CSV from result tab and import using LOAD DATA syntax.

ken
      'peterlaursen' wrote on '10:

” even though I had specified to omit the id field  ”   How did you do that and what function/tool did you use? Maybe a screenshot would  clarify?

I tried to add the data without the original PK by selecting all the fields EXCEPT the PK in the fields list of the Database Synchronization Wizard, by unselecting All (Fields) then manually checking every field in the list except the ID, which was the PK field.

'peterlaursen' wrote on '10:

The 'import external data tool' (ENTERPRISE/ULTIMATE) feature( has this option and no other tool in SQLyog  (not exports/backup, copy or datasync). With COMMUNITY you  may execute a SELECT statement, export to CSV from result tab and import using LOAD DATA syntax.

Oh, Thanks, Peter. I do have Enterprise, and will try this next time.

Best,

K

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.