Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

[Offtopic]: Looking For Translation For Open Source Project

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog Localization and Source Code Discussions [Offtopic]: Looking For Translation For Open Source Project

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      larsen
      Participant

Hi,

I hope it´s ok to post this here…

I´ve written a small program (open source) and am now looking for translations into other languages. It´s only two sentences and some words.

As I know that here are many people talking Indian and one particular guy talking Danish 😉 it would be really great if you could help me out.

Of course, your contribution will be acknowledged in the readme (if you want to).

If you want to help, please get in touch with me.

Cheers

Lars

peterlaursen
      Participant

What is 'Indian' language? The official language of India is 'Hindi', but there are probaly more than 200 languages spoken (and probably 50+ written) in India of which some are official languages of specific Indian states (India is a federation just like Germany, USA, Russia etc.). Examples of official 'state languages' are 'Gujarati', 'Bengali', 'Punjabi' (all North Indian and similar to Hindi except that they use different script systems (what 'Urdu' – the dominant language of Pakistan – also is and does). Actually the only other language using same script system today as Hindi is Nepalese – not any other (major at least) Indian language), In Bangalore (situated in 'Karnataka' state) the language is 'Kannada' that is quite different from North Indian languages (it is a 'dravidian language' like 'Tamil', 'Malayalam' and 'Telugu' also are. – dravidan languages dominate the southern states). In the North Eastern corner of India you have 'Assamese' and languages similar to Burmese and even South Chinese dialects. In parts of Kashmir (Ladakh region) the dominating language is Tibetan (what is actually also similar to Hindi in some respects and derived from Sanskrit like Hindi is – but it uses a Chinese-type script system). Finally there are tribal people spread all over India speaking languages having ('non indo-arian') elements older than anything mentioned and also many of the languages mentioned have dialects that differ quite a lot. Not to mention the Andaman and Nicobar islands!

🙂

So we cannot handle this mess ourselves´as we in our Bangalore office have people from at least a dozen of different states + one Nepalese + one Dane (when I am there)!. And the people from the southern states are horrible in Hindi (sounds worse than a German eating Bockwürst mit Sauerkraut I have been told!) – so we speak and write English to each others! If somebody starts speaking Assamese or whatever something is horrible wrong!

Anyway if you can post the strings and words in English and also possible German (I read it, but I dount anybody else does),  I will help with Danish and I think I could convince some of the people here  to help with the most important Indian languages (Hindi at least).   A .zip archive would probably be best solution, 

larsen
      Participant

Wow! I had no idea that there are so many languages involved, although having heard of some of the locations you mentioned. Thanks for the insight =)

I have attached a zip file containing a text file that contains the strings to be translated together with some explanations to hopefully better understand the context.

Thanks in advance,

Lars

larsen
      Participant

I forgot the strings from the installer…

peterlaursen
      Participant

Find Danish strings (for both your files) here:

[attachment=1690:translation2.zip]

(I will mail to SQLyog and MONyog teams and ask them to give a hand with translations to some major Indian languages)

larsen
      Participant

Thanks a lot for the quick translation!!!

If you ever happen to come to Hamburg, I will gladly invite you to a (or two, three…) nice cold beer at the “Alster”!

It would be totally sufficient to have Hindi – please don´t make so much effort =)

btw: only the lines starting with “x” need to be translated, the lines below the “explanation” are there only as an explanation for a better understanding in a context.

larsen
      Participant

I would like to add your name to the credits. Is that ok with you?

peterlaursen
      Participant

sure .. go ahead. My full name is “Peter Laursen”.

Tance

Need Chinese Translation? Here it is.

larsen
      Participant

Wow, thanks a lot! There is a beer waiting for you in Hamburg, too =)

What name should I put in the credits?

Tance

I don't have an English name yet. You can put Sapphire in the list. I like Sapphire, it's beautiful. 🙄

larsen
      Participant

=)

Ok, I will do so. What´s your real name then?

Tance

My real name is Ce Tian, it may hard to pronounce. 😆

larsen
      Participant

I have added your translation and uploaded the new version 1.2.2. It looked ok on my local Windows XP, but perhaps you might want to give it a try, too:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/opensoundboard/files/OpenSoundboard/

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.