Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Object Browser Doesn't Grey Out Immeditaely

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog BETA Discussions Object Browser Doesn't Grey Out Immeditaely

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      smine
      Participant

in 8.3 beta 1, when i execute a query, the Object Browser text does not immediately turn grey. when i change focus to another window, the Object Browser text does turn grey. i no longer have previous releases installed, but i thought the text turned grey immediately when query execution began.

peterlaursen
      Participant

I tried 8.22 and the latest beta.  None of them 'grey out' the Object Browser while executing a query.  It should not either.  

Can you elaborate, please?

smine
      Participant

i am sorry, this is my mistake. i checked 8.22 and 8.3 beta 1 and there is consistent behavior

• start a long-running query –> Object Browser text is normal[*]query is running, shift focus to a different window –> Object Browser text dims (“greys out”)[*]query is running, return focus to SQLyog –> Object Browser text remains dimmed[*]query ends –> the Object Browser text is restored to its normal display (even if SQLyog does not have focus when the query ends)

i thought the dimming happened as soon as i began executing the query, but i see now that it happens only when a query is running and SQLyog loses focus.

i find the dimmed text is a good visual indicator of when the query ends and i can resume working in SQLyog. i like the dimming, can we make it a feature? wink.gif (just kidding.)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.